Are the Madenie and the Chosson the same size?

swedishfish612

And if so, are they a traditional Tarot size? I can't seem to find the size of either decks anywhere. Thank you so much!

swedishfish612

Oh, and if you prefer one over the other, please tell me why! They are so similar, but the Chosson seems a bit more faded to me? But I like the backs of the Chosson more, which shouldn't matter...but kind of does. lol

I'm so undecided.

Yves Le Marseillais

Sizes

Bonjour Swedishfish612,

There is no traditional Tarot size.....
but for Tarot of Marseille Pattern Type II they are more or less equivalent in size:
Around 120 mm High 60 mm Wide.

Here is a short list of size:

François HERI 1718: 122 mm x 66 mm
Pierre MADENIE 1709 119 x 62
François CHOSSON 1736 118 x 62
Nicolas CONVER 1760 120 x 64
Claude BURDEL 1751 116 x 62
Joseph FAUTRIER 115 x 61
Bernardin SUZANNE 117 x 62
André ARNOUX 115 X 62
Etc......

I like the CHOSSON back also ;))

But re decks I prefer Madenié... for the moment.
Why ? because best engraver and faces quality.

Are you happy now ? ;))))

Yves

And if so, are they a traditional Tarot size? I can't seem to find the size of either decks anywhere. Thank you so much!

Oh, and if you prefer one over the other, please tell me why! They are so similar, but the Chosson seems a bit more faded to me? But I like the backs of the Chosson more, which shouldn't matter...but kind of does. lol

I'm so undecided.

swedishfish612

lol, I see what you mean about there being no traditional size. I just didn't want them to show up and I realize one is a mini-deck, or HUGE, you know?

But I ended up getting the Madenie, even though I thought I preferred the Chosson at first glance. The Madenie seems a bit bolder, so I went with that one. Sounds like the size difference is negligible anyway!