3 Card Spread for Environment

cjxtypes

Hello,

I am wondering if any of the intermediate or advanced (heck even beginners like me!) TdMrer's can help me. I am looking to perhaps switch departments within the organization where I work. I've pulled some cards for various subjects like "What could I gain or benefit from this department?" The pro's vs the drawbacks and for the most the cards have been very informative.... But I asked "What is the work culture/environment of this department"? I was stumped. The cards were 9 Coins, Page Swords, and the 5 Swords. I found myself drawn right in and going about how I am looking toward the 9 Coins and my back is to the 5 Swords when it dawned on me that was NOT the question I asked! I was asking about a general environment, an atmosphere, a vibe... to this particular department before I consider committing. I have to admit I can't even guess at the gist of these 3 cards for some reason, but I didn't want to immediately redo the spread or start pulling clarifying cards either. I will say that it does have to do with information and data so we have the Page of Swords..... but..... :/
Any jabs or guesses or advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks so much,
C.

dancing_moon

It would be very helpful if you mentioned which deck you used, and then added your ideas about all three cards (have a look at the rules here). Even if you're not sure what they mean, you could always go with the LWB meanings and then try to link them to what you know/expect to see in this department. This is a great exercise, and it'll help you learn more about the cards. And then I'll be happy to comment. :)

cjxtypes

I generally do put my reflection of the cards on here, but I was more stumped then usual. I am using the CBD deck.

I've broken it down a bit form last night. So with 2 of the 3 being Swords it is a job entailing information and communication, which of course, it actually is. The Page Swords looks toward the 9 Coins and primarily toward the coin that is in the center. After letting my eyes just scan over the 3 cards once again for a bit, the thought of Gathering something came to me as the center coin of the 9 looks captured. That actually would describe this job flow. It is a lot of gathering and entering information for the organization I work for. Now whether or not that constitutes what the generally environment is like or if its reflecting more of the daily work flow (??)....

So as such I may rephrase my question. I really wanted to know if the atmosphere was a positive one. Is this a group of people I would want to spend the better part of 5 days a week with?....

Cindy

dancing_moon

Thanks for clarifying! This is a beautiful deck. :) I don't have it, though, because I generally prefer 'uglier' TdMs. :D

Your cards actually made me think that you'll find this department very set in its ways. 5 of Swords tells me there are certain strict procedures and ways of working that people there use, and any initiative is met with certain disapproval (Page of Swords). As a newcomer, you might find that you're somewhat isolated there, especially if you're used to working alone and/or have strong opinions about optimization and trying to make things as efficiently as you can, regardless of whether it's a 'normal' practice or not. It'll probably take quite a bit of adjustment on your part (quint Temperance) before you stop feeling like a stranger.

Let me know if this makes sense. :)

cjxtypes

Thanks. I can see that now with your prompting. Funny you mention the department being set in their ways and being somewhat an outsider. I did a pro and con. Pro was Ace Swords. Well heck, an Ace say no more its a start. Clean out the cobwebs ... it would be new learning experience. But when asking about drawbacks. I got the Queen Wands, 6 Wands, and Empress and got the impression of alliances that were already formed ... not that that's a deal breaker just seemed like I would diffenitaly notice I am the outsider.