GT and card meaning

cje

So, I am a bit in a minority here, as I would not advise with cards 28 or 29 to look to surrounding cards to see who they represent in a spread.

With a question regarding the specific "guy I'm thinking about" - yes, if he were the subject of a question posed and answered by a spread, I would use #29 that way.

But in a GT as a general reading for the month ahead, no, I wouldn't look for the Gent to represent anyone other than a significant male in my life. The question I asked myself was, who is the most significant person (male) in my life that this card therefore represents?

Thanks Joon! See, there is absolutely no significant man in my life, not even half-significant, and as I mentioned to Sharla, I haven't seen my postman in weeks LOL
That's why I was a bit stumbled on what to make of this gent card. The only "significant" male is the one I'm thinking about which is also a friend (that explains dog close by) who is presently traveling...been gone abroad for a few months...(and man knights with ship...hmmmm)

I am taking all your experience and advice in, so that I can expand my learning. Thanks for sharing your take on how you read the gent. Always great to learn from experienced role models :)

Sharla

Well, can assure you that it is not the postman...haven't seen him in weeks :) lol
My man is in the house of books and has dog above his head....i guess that means he is a friend that is yet to be revealed?
Key was in the house of man....hmmmm....a door yet to be opened?
The line starts with woman then rider......ending with man and bear.....so I guess man mirrors with rider...which means that he is related to a message, or I will get a message from him?

I love this GT...there is so much to explore!
Thanks for the clarifications! ��

Another technique you can do to find out is....as you say the man is is the house of book, then look for what in the house of book, for example say its clover, then look for whats in the house of clover....and keep repeating this till you get back to the man.

If he mirrors with rider then he could be a visitor of some sort.

Also keys in the house of man, so what's in the house of key....and etc, as i explained before.

Also just noticed you've said that man knights with ship...so yes this would be a distant friend, also could be as you say that travels.

cje

Another technique you can do to find out is....as you say the man is is the house of book, then look for what in the house of book, for example say its clover, then look for whats in the house of clover....and keep repeating this till you get back to the man.

If he mirrors with rider then he could be a visitor of some sort.

Also keys in the house of man, so what's in the house of key....and etc, as i explained before.

Also just noticed you've said that man knights with ship...so yes this would be a distant friend, also could be as you say that travels.

Thank you, Sharla, for your "chain reading" suggestion. I will try that.

Looking at my November GT and comparing it to what I experienced and taking everything I have been learning on this forum into account...I can actually see what the cards referred to.
I simply started doing a monthly GT to practice reading and compare it to the "real" experiences that month...I'm learning a lot and getting more excited about my Lenormand!

ThtDancerGuy

Hi cje,

- is the woman in the GT always me (resp. The woman for whom you are doing a GT)? Or could it refer to some other woman when reading a line in the GT?

This is an irregular issue that one should not be having if you do the necessary prep work with the cards before laying the GT. In a reading for yourself (and if you are female), you always charge the Woman card as yourself, never anyone else. Only if you are doing a reading for someone else should you charge the people cards as the querent(s) of the reading. So from now on, remember, you MUST charge either the Woman card for a woman, and/or the Man card for a man. If you just cast the cards without specifying who is whom in the reading, you'll have "silhouetted" characters and you won't get a good reading at all.

- and what about the man card, especially when single? Is it always supposed to be a love/romantic partner?

No. This you may leave un"charged" if/when you are single and/or do not have a male figure around you whom you would like to include in your reading. Same goes for the Woman card for a male.

-what card stands for a psychic, or a psychic reading?

I haven't really found that there is one card for a psychic reading, but rather a combo/string of cards to describe this. However, there are cards that have "psychic" meanings to them:
the Moon - Third Eye, intuition/psychic ability;
the Fish - flowing, active intuition;
the Book - mystics, shamans, Empaths, psychics, I guess this would be the best card to indicate a literal reading;
the Tree - psychic/spiritual growth/health.

There are others that one could attribute psychic meanings to, these are just the main ones for me.

cje

Hi cje,

This is an irregular issue that one should not be having if you do the necessary prep work with the cards before laying the GT. In a reading for yourself (and if you are female), you always charge the Woman card as yourself, never anyone else. Only if you are doing a reading for someone else should you charge the people cards as the querent(s) of the reading. So from now on, remember, you MUST charge either the Woman card for a woman, and/or the Man card for a man. If you just cast the cards without specifying who is whom in the reading, you'll have "silhouetted" characters and you won't get a good reading at all.

No. This you may leave un"charged" if/when you are single and/or do not have a male figure around you whom you would like to include in your reading. Same goes for the Woman card for a male.

I haven't really found that there is one card for a psychic reading, but rather a combo/string of cards to describe this. However, there are cards that have "psychic" meanings to them:
the Moon - Third Eye, intuition/psychic ability;
the Fish - flowing, active intuition;
the Book - mystics, shamans, Empaths, psychics, I guess this would be the best card to indicate a literal reading;
the Tree - psychic/spiritual growth/health.

There are others that one could attribute psychic meanings to, these are just the main ones for me.

Thank you so very much for your feedback. I have just done my second GT for my December, so I'm a complete newbie to GTs!
How do you charge the woman, resp man card? Is it simply your intention before you start, or do you have some sort of ritual?
As far as I understood then the male card, if no significant male in my life and uncharged, can refer to any male in my life.
When I'm reading a GT could the male or dog card take on two/three different men/friends depending on how I read the cards (for example in different combinations)? Or does it only refer to one man/friend that is important to me in that specific GT time/reading?
Thanks again for your great advice! cje

ThtDancerGuy

Thank you so very much for your feedback. I have just done my second GT for my December, so I'm a complete newbie to GTs!
How do you charge the woman, resp man card? Is it simply your intention before you start, or do you have some sort of ritual?
As far as I understood then the male card, if no significant male in my life and uncharged, can refer to any male in my life.
When I'm reading a GT could the male or dog card take on two/three different men/friends depending on how I read the cards (for example in different combinations)? Or does it only refer to one man/friend that is important to me in that specific GT time/reading?
Thanks again for your great advice! cje

Hi cje,

You're very welcome. :) I'm passionate about this, and I want to inspire others with that infectious passion. To charge a card during the shuffling process, I speak in my mind to the cards. It's more about setting the intention for a certain card to be a certain person or thing than it is a ritual or something more complex. Simply hold the intention in your mind that the Man card is X in this Grand Tableau reading, and/or The Woman card is Z in this reading. The "other character" cards for when you want to cast multiple people in your reading are the Rider and the Dog -- Dog for your partner, friend, or sister/brother, or anyone else you're close to, and Rider can pretty much be anyone. Though I have found it's best to keep too many people out of your reading, starts to muddle some things...

As for the Man and Dog question, I think it really depends on who they are in your reading. If you did not charge the Dog as anyone specific, then it could be multiple people whom you're friends/close with (only with the proper cards to indicate that there are multiple friends involved). For the Man, if you didn't charge him as someone specific, then I imagine it would be the same situation. However, remember that where one combination in the GT will mean one thing in one scenario, it will change in meaning in another. For instance, say you have Dog + Garden and you didn't charge the Dog, and say we're looking at this around your love life, it could be saying you are seeing multiple (Garden) suitors (Dog). Now say that same combo is around your home life in the House card: then it might be saying you live with a lot of (Garden) relatives (Dog). The key to remember is that the cards are always changing in the GT.

cje

Hi cje,

You're very welcome. :) I'm passionate about this, and I want to inspire others with that infectious passion. To charge a card during the shuffling process, I speak in my mind to the cards. It's more about setting the intention for a certain card to be a certain person or thing than it is a ritual or something more complex. Simply hold the intention in your mind that the Man card is X in this Grand Tableau reading, and/or The Woman card is Z in this reading. The "other character" cards for when you want to cast multiple people in your reading are the Rider and the Dog -- Dog for your partner, friend, or sister/brother, or anyone else you're close to, and Rider can pretty much be anyone. Though I have found it's best to keep too many people out of your reading, starts to muddle some things...

As for the Man and Dog question, I think it really depends on who they are in your reading. If you did not charge the Dog as anyone specific, then it could be multiple people whom you're friends/close with (only with the proper cards to indicate that there are multiple friends involved). For the Man, if you didn't charge him as someone specific, then I imagine it would be the same situation. However, remember that where one combination in the GT will mean one thing in one scenario, it will change in meaning in another. For instance, say you have Dog + Garden and you didn't charge the Dog, and say we're looking at this around your love life, it could be saying you are seeing multiple (Garden) suitors (Dog). Now say that same combo is around your home life in the House card: then it might be saying you live with a lot of (Garden) relatives (Dog). The key to remember is that the cards are always changing in the GT.

Or living with a bunch of dogs ;) LOL
Thanks for your feedback! Makes so much more sense now. So, basically depending on how you look at the GT, the same card can mean different things. That's what I thought, just wasn't sure.
For example: the ring close to man might mean relationship and in the same GT tower knighting to ring might mean business contract? Hmmm.... that's pretty amazing!!
Thanks a bunch!
cje