Iphone Tarot App Recommendations ..

Stormdancer

OK....I have a stupid question, because I'm good at asking stupid questions... :rolleyes:

Can an iPhone/iPad app work on my Mac laptop?

***retreats to the "dunce" corner***

olarte

No but I bet it would be really easy to port to the Mac os....

I'm not a Mac person but an orphalese type app for app devices including macs would be great for tarot in general...

Newellar

Template Tarot App

I think what general tarot app producers should consider is to offer a basic template Tarot app that include some core decks. Then offer artists especially those whose decks were not accepted by the major publishers, or even the publishers themselves the option to be included in this app as a add on.

Thanks for setting the stage Ciro!

Before teaming with Ciro to build apps featuring his artwork, I had fancied building a "template app" and am now very close to completion. It will have a good portion of the features discussed in this thread but most importantly, the ability to easily turn out another app with each artist.

My whole adventure in writing Tarot apps began with an exercise in writing some code to shuffle cards in a realistic way. I spent quite some time writing algorithms that represent very real results for the different ways you can shuffle a deck with your hands. For me, that is a feature I'm very excited to share. Now I'm down to the nitty gritty stuff of how to "show" that in an iPhone app....

Initially, I'll be releasing 2 apps. One to promote the template app itself with RWS cards, and one featuring The Alchemical Tarot by Robert M. Place. Then other artists will be able to see how the same core features can be used with different artwork.

Cheers to All,
Tony

olarte

Tony will this be open for users to upload their own decks?

Will it be compatible with the Orphalese numbering\order format and possible the XML files used for card notes?

To me that's the key to make it compatible with the collection of decks that Orphalese users have scanned in from their own physical decks as well as decks that can be purchased via an inapp purchase from the artists.

Thanks in advance,
I'm so looking forward to this on my ipad!

Thanks for setting the stage Ciro!

Before teaming with Ciro to build apps featuring his artwork, I had fancied building a "template app" and am now very close to completion. It will have a good portion of the features discussed in this thread but most importantly, the ability to easily turn out another app with each artist.

My whole adventure in writing Tarot apps began with an exercise in writing some code to shuffle cards in a realistic way. I spent quite some time writing algorithms that represent very real results for the different ways you can shuffle a deck with your hands. For me, that is a feature I'm very excited to share. Now I'm down to the nitty gritty stuff of how to "show" that in an iPhone app....

Initially, I'll be releasing 2 apps. One to promote the template app itself with RWS cards, and one featuring The Alchemical Tarot by Robert M. Place. Then other artists will be able to see how the same core features can be used with different artwork.

Cheers to All,
Tony

Kittysashimi

Just downloaded the pictarot on iPhone! The app is both adorable, fun to use and accurate!

http://pictarot.com/

deb13b

I've got lots of tarot / oracle apps on my iPhone, about 9 or 10 at the last count. I just dl'd ciros' Legacy but for some strange reason after the first reading I can no longer get the cards to turn face up so I can read them. Going to try again in the morning, it looks like an awesome app !

cirom

Re- Legacy of the Divine App.
Make sure your read the info we provide on the iTunes page, regarding the correct installation and latest iphone operating system. There really shouldn't be any problems after that. If there is, contact us and we'll help you out.

thinbuddha

I have not really liked any of the tarot apps that I've purchased for iphone. I do, however, really like the Yi Jing app for I Ching readings. It comes witha few descent translations, and a few more that you can purchase, but what is really cool is the interface. The software clearly shows the two hexagrams of the reading, and the changing lines in a way that is far better than any other i ching app out there. And then your reading is saved in a journal that can be searched by date, category, hexagram. And it is easy to apply different translations to any reading in your journal. Great app!

Moon8

Fairy Cards

I love Fairy Cards, a set of celtic cards(for iphone). they are very positive and inspiring!