Lo Scarabeo Encyclopaedia on Kickstarter

gregory

I was just told that mine was mailed rather earlier than most, partly because of the other thing mailed with it which was a replacement for a mistake - much better to send both at once.

So - hold the horses, people ! They will arrive - and you WILL like !

Annabelle

I was just told that mine was mailed rather earlier than most, partly because of the other thing mailed with it which was a replacement for a mistake - much better to send both at once.

So - hold the horses, people ! They will arrive - and you WILL like !

I am jealous :).

But, perhaps my copy will arrive in time for Christmas, and I can consider it a gift to myself :).

It's good to know that the books will soon be on their way around the world, in any event.

danieljuk

my book just arrived and so they are sending out to Brits after gregory :) :thumbsup:

the book is a huge tome, I took some pics of it! Unwrapped it and had a quick read and it seems really great! I am in a bit of a hurry today to look at it properly but so glad I bought it! it seems brilliant and a great study material and reference!

you won't be disappointed when yours arrives! :)

Attachments

• 2015-11-21 13.52.22.jpg
    2015-11-21 13.52.22.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 119
  • 2015-11-21 13.35.33-1.jpg
    2015-11-21 13.35.33-1.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 137

Cocobird55

Thanks for the pictures -- the book looks gorgeous. Hope mine comes before Christmas too.

gregory

I'm reading it. Yum.

Barbara Moore, in particular, has ACE answers to some recurring questions here - I shall be quoting her quite shamelessly next time they come up !

EmpyreanKnight

This looks truly meaty, magisterial, and oh so sumptuous. I would definitely be getting this along with Benebell Wen's Holistic Tarot.

I would wait a little bit to see if our major bookstores would be carrying these titles though. If not, it would have to be another special order with killer shipping fees (sigh).

jema

yay!!! my package is in the mail, will take a week or so I think.
I have already forgotten what decks I ordered with it so that will be a nice surprise too.
Also will get 2 books but think I know a friend who will love one copy of it.

Linfang

I got mine on Saturday and was immediately hooked by this book. For every card the book shows several illustrations of different LS decks. This is a great way not only to show the different layers of meaning but also the vast variety of decks we can choose from. There is some explanation why they selected these decks exactly and it is makes sense to me. Though the book is meant to be the foundation of the trilogy, I think every Tarot lover can enjoy it. For me, it is like walking through a Tarot museum, looking at all the carefully chosen exhibits and explanations. Though I haven't half of it, I found a lot of useful information.

Count me in for founding the second volume as soon as the Kickstarter campaign is online :)

Spiffo

Glad to hear the book is worth it.

After spending several hundred dollars for a high-pledge and paying 3x the postage rate I've just found out that Aussies will likely receive their books and pledge rewards sometime in January. Similarly anyone in the US who pledged one of the higher levels will also be waiting until after the holidays. Call me petty but surely you'd want to keep your highest backers happy. The book is released to retail in February. Mmm. I could've saved a heap of money and expectation by just ordering an advance copy from Book Depository who are promising deliver by Feb 6th (free to Australia).

While I'm all for the success of Lo Scarabeo's effort, and I have many of their products, I will not be participating in the second or third Kickstarter campaigns. I'll just order the books when they are released to retail.

gregory

It's hardly rocket science that a company will want to get out the LARGEST piles first. Or that the postage systems of the world make life difficult - within Europe it's easy - no customs forms, etc. Sorry you're aggrieved - but the campaign got us the books at a way lower price than retail will be, I'm sure, and will still be faster than waiting and THEN waiting on the mail. (and it's heavy, so that'll cost, too.)