• INTJ

Votes: 96 15.9%
  • INFP

Votes: 123 20.3%
  • INFJ

Votes: 161 26.6%

• Total voters

Glass Owl

"This is a list of the personality types in order of their frequency within the American population.

ESTJ - 13%
ESTP - 13%
ESFJ - 13%
ESFP - 13%
ENTJ - 5%
ENTP - 5%
ENFJ - 5%
ENFP - 5%
ISTJ - 6%
ISTP - 5%
ISFJ - 6%
ISFP - 5%
INTJ - 1%
INTP - 1%
INFJ - 1%
INFP - 1%

For example, Carl Jung is an INFJ, which is only 1% of the population. Not everyone can understand his theories, experiences and perceptions.

If you're in the last four categories, there will have to be one hundred people in the room before you meet a kindred soul."

The information above is from http://www.theintrovertzcoach.com/percent.html) More than likely this site got these percentages from the Personality Type Newsgroup. There is also another set of percentages I found on the net. These are from "The Center for Applications of Psychological Type." (CAPT)

ISTJ: 12-16%
ISFJ: 10-13%
INFJ: 2-3%
INTJ: 3-4%
ISTP: 5-7%
ISFP: 5-7%
INFP: 4-5%
INTP: 5-6%
ESTP: 5-7%
ESFP: 6-9%
ENFP: 6-8%
ENTP: 4-7%
ESTJ: 10-12%
ESFJ: 10-12%
ENFJ: 3-5%
ENTJ: 3-5%

The CAPT website also breaks these numbers down for Male and Female
Americans. http://www.capt.org/The_MBTI_Instrument/Estimated_Frequencies.cfm

By the way, CAPT was co-founded by Isabel Briggs Myers, the author of the
Myers-Briggs Type Indicator®, and Mary H. McCaulley, Ph.D
( http://www.capt.org/About_CAPT/Home.cfm )

Regardless of the differences in percentages though notice the large number of INFJ and INFPs that are here on AT?! Very interesting!

I am an INFJ although I sometimes end up INFP because I'm right on the line between Perceiving and Judging.

Teacups

1%'er

wow! I was curious to know if I'd fit in here, as I am an INTJ and we are only about 1% of the population... and rather difficult to get along with (I'm told) I am so incredibly relieved to find that there's a concentration like-minded individuals here! and I'm new to tarot, and just learning and thought I'd be shunned for interrupting the thread of people who know what they are doing and YES I'm rambling on but the bottom line is this is such a relief to find similar people! How absolutely REFRESHING!!!!! I am such in introvert I'm practically a hermit. Thanks, everyone!!! just for being yourselves! :)

Little Hare

I'm INFJ :D at least i know i'm studying the right profession :bugeyed: (social work)

Hemera

INFJ:cool5:
How incredibly many of us rare types here on AT!!

Zazi

ISTJ Ha ha! An antisocial accountant. Which is more or less what I am.

Indigo Rose

hemera said:
INFJ:cool5:
How incredibly many of us rare types here on AT!!

"The small number of this type (little more than 2 percent) is regrettable, since Counselors have an unusually strong desire to contribute to the welfare of others and genuinely enjoy helping their companions"INFJ

:laugh: 47 INFJ's in this thread alone? WOW!! Certainly, statistically significant!! AT must be a safehaven for us INFJ types. :bugeyed:

:heart:

Satori

Hi there.
ENFP here. I have to say tho, I never test well...

Teheuti

It seems to me that a survey of 180 tarot readers (or, should we generalize to "tarotists"?) is a fairly significant number to suggest a viable trend that, perhaps, should be reported to researchers in the MBTI field. When we add up the totals, we find:

More than a quarter (26.67%) of tarot readers are INFJs.

Nearly half (47.78%) are INF_s.

Over two-thirds (71%) are IN__s.

And close to 90% (88.89%) are I___s.

By comparison, only slightly more than 1% (1.12%) of the tarot reading population are ES__s - a group that makes up over 50% of the general population.

This is a statistical trend that is probably way off the charts for those who do career-counseling using MBTIs.

I wonder if there is any correlation with the fact that 85-90% of all those who attend tarot classes and conferences are female? That's the only other statistic that I've been following.

The above goes along with my theory that tarot-readers are strong empaths.

Moderators - would it be possible to place a request on other Topics that everyone who has not yet posted their MBTI rating please do so - so that we can get an even larger sample?

Mary K. Greer