Oracle X

Dusk Till Dawn

Thank you, will do when I am ready.

MareSaturni

Hi PsychicLord!

I really like this idea of an oracle that grows with the reader. I'm very curious about how this deck will work for me... culturally speaking (since I live in another country), how the people I read for will relate to it. The language might be a barrier at first, because the cards are in english, but since there's an image, the very fact that some of them may not understand the card's name might add so that they may interpret only the image.

I'd like to try that!

I'm not sure how long it'll take for the deck to get here, but I'm counting the days. It's an interesting cultural experiment I'd love to do! :D

misfitknits

YAY!!! i'm so glad the website is online!! i am exploring as we speak!! the only bad thing i can see right off the bat: the extra cards are .97 pounds- which means almost $2 american dollars a piece. if you get 10 additional cards that would already be $20 US dollars.... any chance of selling them on a US based sight???

MareSaturni

misfitknits said:
YAY!!! i'm so glad the website is online!! i am exploring as we speak!! the only bad thing i can see right off the bat: the extra cards are .97 pounds- which means almost $2 american dollars a piece. if you get 10 additional cards that would already be $20 US dollars.... any chance of selling them on a US based sight???

Well, he lives in the UK, I don't see why he should ask for american dollars if it's not his local money. Besides, he is offering a special shipping price for ATers worldwide - I think it's fair enough.

I live in Brazil and I don't expect him to sell the cards in a Brazilian based sight, even thought a UK pound is nearly 4 time my local money.

Perhaps when other Amazon Stores (like the US Amazon) have the deck available you'll be able to get it paying with US Dollars :)

PsychicLord

There is a discount applied when (if) folk buy 4 or more cards.

1 - 3 cards 95p
4 - 7 cards 90p
8 - 15 cards 85p
16 - 31 cards 80p
32 - 63 cards 75p

We hope to be able to reduce individual card costs when we move to greater volume print runs. We have had to price in UK minimum wage labour costs for picking and processing each order. Once we can get into gear with a streamlined process, we expect to be able to trim some cost here too.

We also were keen not to print in China or India...... thus keeping employment in the UK. This also removes the need to ship large containers of decks half way acrosss the world. The downsize to this is that the cost of print runs is considerably higher.

Pricing research in the UK has shown that folk think nothing of spending £3.00 for a cup of coffee in a coffee shop (that is generally drunk in 20 mins).... as compared to 95p on a card that if looked after should last for years. I interviewed around 50 people before setting our price point.... just to gauge opinion.

I am open to the idea of creating an American company and printing cards stateside..... but I doubt that the labour costs over there would allow much opportunity of a large reduction.

Let us see what happens :)

misfitknits

well, honestly, your response does make me feel better about the cost. and even though i don't LIVE in the UK, i'm highly in favor of keeping labor inside the country of origin to provide jobs for the people there. so even though i'm in the US, i like that you are a UK company providing jobs for UK people!

god i can't wait to buy this!!! i feel like i'm going to love this deck! XD maybe it's your enthusiasm for it, psychic lord, it's rubbing off on me! but i think this is a great product, also, and i can't wait until i have the money to purchase it!! i've already talked about this deck extensively with my husband, who could care less, because he doesn't read cards!! i can't help myself!!! :D

oh, and by the way, i don't buy those expensive $3 coffees!!! ;)

Guiding Cauldron

We seem to now have a good base to go ahead with for this Oracle so now I will refelect upon my general feelings, thoughts and opinions regardeing Oracle X.

I really like the earthy quality I feel when gazing upon this deck and the subtle, soothing color scheme. The colors may be subtle but that doesn't mean they are any less demanding in their presence. I get a real scense of grounding even before I'm reading- which is very relaxing to me and helps me prepare to read.

I personally like title or names on each card. The names stand out against a white background but not so obtrusivly that you only look at the titles.

I like the Grid color bar coding at the bottom which shows the strength of significance to each cards primary theme/grouping ie: relationships, questions, nature etc...

However since I am not a practitioner of extensive knowledge I'm wondering how I will fair in regards to the references with the four runes bar on each card (I just cant seem to wrap my head around this yet in understanding- sorry!), Mayan, and Chinese Zodiacs, and Runes. I will have to see how these work out when I use the cards more in depth.

I am thrilled to now know the extra costs involved when wanting to add the "extra" cards to expand my deck out and I REALLY like that printing is all done in country of origin. I feel for my deck I will be expanding as looking at the names alone seem to strike a cord with me. Such as:

Cactus, Snail, Pecock, Anvil, Masculine, Feminine, and perhaps Unconditional. I shall have to look at the website again to see if the pics confirm what is in my mind as I am very visual. :)

The only card so far that doesnt quite fit for me is Harvest. The picture just doesnt compute fully within my mind for what I think when I hear Harvest.

One question I wanted to ask is will you in future be printing the deck numbers inside the deck case, instead of using black marker? I only ask as it would appear neater and easier to read for some.

Next I will comment on size of cards. I have rather small hands, usually I can not wear most bracelets as my wrists and hands are too small the jewlery usually slips clear off. SO I love that the cards are very comfortable in my hands, yeah! :)

I can honestly say that I really don't feel the cards are specific to any areas on the globe yet the images seem to fluidly connect to anyone around the world- that in itself I think is a wonderful accomplishment.

I'm not terribly fond of the backs of the cards with such a prominent black logo band across them; I would have preferred just the golden amber color.

I like that the cards aren't sticky feeling and they glide across each other with ease but yet arent so slippery you feel like your going to drop them all over the floor!

With all this I have also had a thought with how to work with this set. I want to try and use my Spice of Life Oracle cards in combination and see how this works. Basically my spice deck is a deck of playing cards and each card portrays a certain spice- I thn use how that spice can be incorporated into ones life and highlight what was shown in a reading.

So say for instance I pull Awareness from Oracle X; then pull the Joker card from my spice deck which depicts Sugar Cane. I want to relate how adding sugar in my daily life also will add cosmic awareness.

Since sugar came from India thousands of years ago to Europe and is known the world over as a sweet flavoring this can somehow help me in my daily cosmic knowing. Somehow I get the feeling its telling my by adding sweetness to my day it will in turn help me to lighten up and be more willing to recieve cosmic knowledge with a lightened heart instead of having a heart blocked by daily oppressions. :)

Thats it for todays thoughts I will post again soon xx

PsychicLord

In answer to the question regarding the [inside] deck number. I did purchase an automatic numbering device but this proved difficult. Primary, because the ink took 'forever' to dry. Secondary, I wanted to avoid the possibility of sequential decks being supplied to a single customer (some retail outlets are buying larger numbers).

The review decks suffered from use of a thick black marker, subsequent decks used either a thin black pen or the automatic numerator.

As soon as I have a neater solution, I will adopt it :)

PsychicLord

For those of you still waiting for your review deck....... one has successfully landed in Canada....... so hopefully the remaining westbound decks will be dropping on your doormat anytime soon!

misfitknits

@psychiclord: is there any time line estimation of when new supplemental cards will be released?!?! ie series #2??? i'm jazzed to see the cards!! with all those extra card categories on the website, it's such a tease!!!!