Inconjuncts between IMPORTANT points in synastry...

al-di-la

Hello ALL!

I have been studying astrology on my own for a few years and know almost all the good websites. I have especially enjoyed reading the insightful information that your members offer at this one. So much so, that I was recently inspired to join.

This is my FIRST posting.

My husband and I have an UNUSUAL thematic interaspect between us in three very significant places. Our important main points (ie. sun-sun, moon-moon, and ASC-ASC) are INCONJUNCT by sign, but not by actual orb.

The past three years, I have been trying to find examples of other couples, who have significant inconjunct aspects between them, in order to understand what are the longterm dynamics within this kind of relationship. I have found almost absolutely nothing, which leads me to believe that it is a "rare" occurance. I know that the specific type of signs involved in the inconjunct aspect can make a big difference.

One especially interesting point that I have observed is that our respective suns and moons represent the lower and higher octave of each other...

SUNS-
me: Pisces (Neptune ruled, higher octave)
him: Libra (Venus ruled, lower ocatve)

MOONS-
me: Aries (Mars ruled, lower octave)
him: Scorpio (Mars/Pluto, higher ruled)

ASCENDANTS:
me: Virgo
him: Aries
The rulers of our ASCs (respective chart rulers), mercury and mars ARE actually in an inconjunct orb aspect.

Although my husband and I do have other strong synatsric interaspects between our charts, which indicate attraction, I do feel this strange inconjunct energy surface at times between us. I would like to know if the inconjunct aspects between these important points add an unusual enhancement or eventual difficulty.

I have not found any other couples, that I personally know, who have this type of aspect. Which has led me to pursue this idea outside my personal realm. Does anyone have any experience with inconjuncts, which could shed some light on this sort of synastric energy exchange? Or any knowledge on the significance of the relationship between lower and higher octave planets and how they may relate to this topic?

The inconjunct signs can also manifest, by orb, as "biquintiles". In fact, my husband and I have this actual aspect between our suns. Could anyone shed light on the meaning of that?

I am especially fascinated by the dynamics of relationships and have been exploring them via an astrological point of view, trying to find common threads that indicate attraction and STABILITY. I still have so many questions that need clarification, especially with regards to inconjucts.

I look forward to your insightful replies.

isthmus nekoi

Hello al-di-la and welcome to Astro on AT!

Interesting synastry there... Inconjunct signs aren't necessarily known to "connect" but I see that you have his ASC and your moon in the same sign (Aries) and his moon and your sun in the same element (water) which does indicate an affinity. It may be that moon/ASC are conjunct or sun/moon are trine which could offset the inconjuncts as any moon/ASC or sun/moon contact, esp conjunctions, are strong.

Quintiles and biquintiles belong to the 5th harmonic and unfortunately, I haven't read much written on it as it is not a major aspect. I personally would focus on conjunctions and oppositions first as these seem to stand out in synastry.

It may very well be that you have an excellent composite chart that aids the strong connections you already have...

I'm not a compatibility expert however, hopefully someone w/more experience can help you out.

dadsnook2000

Comments

There is so much to understanding the interaction between people and their charts that I wouldn't want to comment on signs or wide aspects without having actual chart data to base my comments upon.

You may be right but it initially seems that you are "reaching" in your conclusions. There may be much more that is significant if the two charts are first considered in terms of their actual inter-aspects as well as their individual characteristics. My experience suggests that those who study astrology make it too difficult by focusing on details and not first doing the basic stuff. Dave

tarot_quest

quincunx in synastry

Ok this is a very old post but I looked everything on Internet about quincunx in synastry.

First, I was curious because the traditional definition of quincunx in synastry proposes that 2 signs that are inconjunct have nothing in common and can't communicate.

I personally disagree with this because on the contrary, I think that the quincunx aspect in synastry point to unusual interest between two people.

-With my father, I have venus quincux venus and mars quincunx venus. We have a LOT in commun. One striking example of a particular common interest is that we both do oil painting and about 5-6 years ago, he started to paint refinery and... I had the same idea! We like the same music, appreciate the same type of art and like the same type of discussion

-with one of my best friend, we have lots of quincunx aspect (ascendant-sun, venus-ascendant,....) and we get along very well and appreciate a lot of common things

- I started dating a guy recently and I was a bit scared of astrological red flag concerning our sun quincunx sun and venus quincunx venus. Well, I was extremely surprised to see that we had a similar experience during teenage hood and that we both volunteered for the same agency (but in different provinces) to help kids. I feel that we are very alike so far.

Of course, I can't isolate every single aspect that would explain these unusual interest that I have in common with these people but I don't feel that the quincunx aspect should have such a bad reputation.

Maybe some people like this energy and find it stimulating since it is half way between a trine and an opposition?

Ronia

I'm not sure what you mean by "traditional definition" and if it's older texts or something else but inconjunct in astrology is literally a lack of main aspect, lack of proper contact and therefore lack of venue and mechanisms to "communicate" between two planets. I completely agree with this definition as per my experience with charts. Two planets inconjunct in synastry are like two people in a marriage which don't even talk to each other, they don't have the tools to understand each other. They sit at the same table each night (the chart) and look at each other and can't find the words for each other because they are, in fact, foreign to each other. This is true in natal charts as well.

Having said that, I wouldn't bother with inconjunct which is not very close by degree, say 2 degree orbit is what I would consider existing.

That a synastry with someone ccan work well despite inconjunct aspects doesn't negate the inconjunct definition. After all, it's only one aspect or two in a whole chart and it's only between two of the planets! It simply shows which areas of those people's lives will be in trouble achieving harmony, where these people will have an issue understanding each other.