Coming out of the closet... and I need your help

Which back for my deck?

• Total voters

memries

The Seasons back is just lovely and the snails is very nice too. Think I would choose the Seasons it is so muted and makes you want to see more.. promises of things to come.

AngelC

Just to comment on the other two.
The first seem too loud to me, compared to the softer natural colours of the pictures. The back should be nice but not dominate the deck.
The seasons thing is great, I like the idea and it goes with the other side, it's just the straight lines that makes me prefer the snails as the squareness don't quite work with the soft flowers and fluffy clouds on the cards - but that's just my impression, it's definately good enough to be an option. :)

Lol, I think you have too many opinions here, go with what you think. One of them will just "feel right" if you leave it for a while.

Chronata

Wow! Simone...these are stunning!
What a great oracle these will make! Congratulations!

The butterflies are very "you", I think. :D

But I also think an abstract of muted colors might be really great too.

I am finding that lately, the less detailed the card backs are...the easier it is for me to read with them.

Simone

Thanks, again, all of you!!!

AngelC, you are right, too many opinions hehe... for the moment I'd go either with the butterflies (I'll do the same to them as what I did to the snails, just to see what happens), the snails (second version, but I'll try and give them a border, might be easier for printing later).

I'll see what goes :D

Dwaas

The snails get better and better! :) Love them!
Ehm... why not play a bit with the coloring? A bit more not-realistic? Well, just an idea. Great backs anyway!
Blessings

WolfSpirit

Oh this is going to be such a lovely deck !
I voted for back no. 22, 6 and 7.
2 because it is a perfect lilac blossom
6 because the lettuce is full of faces looking at me ;)
7 ~ I just find the most beautiful.
I think my favourite back would be the butterflies from 7 but less coloured or more muted or something...to contrast more with the front of the card.
And the butterfly stands out so much, it is a photo that I think would still be pretty with less colour.
Oh, just saw your second version of the snails - that is beautiful too but the faces are gone ;)

lunakasha

Simone said:
And found a way to integrate mosaik pattern, reversability, 4 seasons theme AND transparency:

seasons

I REALLY like the 4 seasons mosaic VERY much Simone.....is it too late to change my vote??? ;)

If not that one, I will stick with my original choice (#1) but #7 (currently in the lead) is also very nice.

:) Luna

Simone

Sorry about the faces, Ina :) I fiddled around a bit more to accomodate Dwaas' wishes, and i guess they are gone completely now:

Snails, again...

But i also thought about the butterflies, since they seems to get the most votes.

I did this to them, what do you think:

Butterflies

lunakasha, the seasons back is one of my faves too :) I might give them a border though, just to see...

WalesWoman

I voted for just about everything... lol and then added I couldn't decide.
I love the pink blossoms, the butterflies, the snails, the sunset, the lilacs... ooh and awwed with every one and OMG'd at the beetle. LOL

Perhaps instead of a tiled image of four seasons, it could be four seperate seasonal images that form a circle, with something that is eternal in the center, an evergreen or maybe an earth image... not sure if your photo program can do such a thing... using a photo for a fill for an object, superimposed over another, so you end up with layers of different photo fills.

Maybe you will have to have different backs on different editions... lol. A collector's heartattack. :D

Simone

Haha, thanks WW!

yeah, different editions - not only the collector's heart attack, but the printer's too! (or rather, my wallet's ;) )

I'll try if I can do something you suggested for the seasons... the program DOES do it, what I have not found out yet is how to do gradual fades... maybe that I have to do with some other program...