The Portland Tarot

Carla

Hm, it's not for me. These projects are interesting to follow, though. Thanks for sharing. :)

karen0205

Thanks for the link. It's interesting. I would like to see more of the cards
though. It's a bit early for a kickstarter campaign when the cards aren't all
finished, just my opinion. I think it would have been better to wait until the
deck is done and people can see the deck before asking them to donate. I think most
would want to see more cards. It appears to be done in photoshop so there
isn't much expense in the images, it's the publishing I would think. I hope
they get the deck done. It looks like one I might buy.

Thoughtful

Well its certainly different! not sure how l feel about it though. As others have said you would need to see other cards to form an opinion.
There is always a deck that will appeal to someone, so good luck to the originator.

gregory

Thanks for the link. It's interesting. I would like to see more of the cards
though. It's a bit early for a kickstarter campaign when the cards aren't all
finished, just my opinion. I think it would have been better to wait until the
deck is done and people can see the deck before asking them to donate. I think most
would want to see more cards. It appears to be done in photoshop so there
isn't much expense in the images, it's the publishing I would think. I hope
they get the deck done. It looks like one I might buy.

Part of the point of kickstarter is to give the creators the money to be able to carry on.

Zephyros

It appears to be done in photoshop so there
isn't much expense in the images, it's the publishing I would think.

Time is very expensive, and many Kickstarter campaigns are for money to live on while creating something full-time. I'm sure you know that even if it is with Photoshop, it isn't as though you have a new card in five minutes.

That being said, not something I would buy, in any case.

SixDegrees

I like it (something of a more modern American Obscura Tarot), but like others I'm going to wait for more images. I do appreciate that one not need to be a Portland resident to "get" the deck.

tpridemore

Thanks for mentioning my deck!

I am the creator of The Portland Tarot, and I just wanted to extend a thanks for sharing the project here, and for the discussion around it. It's always exciting to see other Tarot lovers reflecting on their impressions of the deck. Thank you all for chatting about your views around the deck and the Kickstarter itself.

Starting the Kickstarter now was something I did out of necessity, to cover my up front costs (not my time, though). I included the local printing so that I wouldn't have to do two Kickstarters (they take a lot of time and energy).

If you're at all curious about my reasoning for doing it earlier in the process and how my budget breaks down, it's all up on my Kickstarter page.

Thanks for the mention of my work, its nice to see it getting out into the world and being discussed by people in the Tarot community.

Warmest wishes,
Theresa

Theta Choir

Like others have said, I'd have to see more of the cards. But I kinda like what I see. It has an interesting vibe.

I especially like The Chariot; I think it's wonderful.

Also, The Lovers; it's kind of sweet to see a Lovers card that doesn't feature Men's Fitness and Victoria's Secret models (or similar depictions!). These lovers appear unapologetically geeky. It's quite refreshing.

Okay, the Strength card doesn't grab me as much (not quite sure why; too much green? Too much open space in the background? Hmm....), but hey, two outta three ain't bad! :)

I'll be interested in watching this project develop. Good luck with this, Theresa! :)