Hierophant in Outcome

poivre

Maybe the lesson is of a "spiritual love"
a lesson of the true meaning of love with oneself and another. When
we learn about love it comes in many forms. One of you
could be the (Hierophant) teacher of the spiritual for the other.

Also the next card after the Hierophant is The Lovers,
choices of the heart.

You could just remain friends but love each other as a person not as a
partner. This is a lesson in itself.

Does this help?

WhiteRaven

I can see the "spiritual love" concept. I have a hard time grasping the concept from being "in" love and then going back to "loving" ...big difference there.

I can also see that the Hierophant in this case could be the lesson for one to be able to guide the other (speaking of spiritual path only)...this is happening now for that matter. I wish I had journeled the darn spread...but I didn't. I do remember significantly that for my Ex there was an Ace of Swords, which stood out in her side of things (Umbrae's spread), in the middle the cards that stood out were Temperance and Hierophant. One following the other in the expectations/Outcome....and in my column the card that stands out in my mind was the King of Cups...that's all I can remember...

Hierophant can be looked at in so many different angles...I've often heard many say they don't really like this card for various reasons. I'm starting to lean towards that feeling as well. It is a confusing card when you think about it. It can go up many avenues and create several forks in the road so to speak...Just like with Lunalafey's reading this week in the Circle of Stones...her first card was Hierophant and I thought perhaps that was marriage...a new level upwards with her partner...but then I sat with it for a time and came to the conclusion that it was her Spiritual beliefs...

sigh...Thanks for helping Ros! :)

samantha

This is an interesting thread. And a quick thought .

As mentioned , part of the hierophants meaning is Wisdom . In his case I feel that this is best achieved through interaction with others . Its like that saying " you come to know yourself best through another" a different approach from the hermit or high priestess whose starting point , at least , is self.

WhiteRaven

samantha said:
This is an interesting thread. And a quick thought .

As mentioned , part of the hierophants meaning is Wisdom . In his case I feel that this is best achieved through interaction with others . Its like that saying " you come to know yourself best through another" a different approach from the hermit or high priestess whose starting point , at least , is self.

In other words seeing the Hierophant as a teacher of wisdom?

samantha

I think the wisdom is an interactive process. And its not just cerebral . It is arrived at through a cycle of doing , reflecting , adjusting actions .....The point is that it doesn't all stem / originate from the Hierophant himself . Its cyclical somehow . I can't put it any better than that you learn about yourself from the process of being with another ! The teaching is not about you being an 'empty vessel' and the hierophant pouring his knowledge into you ...its more of a two way street . The other ( the Hierophant ??!!) holds up the mirror as you do something , you see the refection ...and you learn. ( As you do in a "relationship" )This has been my , recent , feeling towards the card . Before that I had no strong impressions about it one way or the other !

Hope you can make sense of the above !! Lunch is way overdue , and the sugar levels are dropping ........

WhiteRaven

I see what you are explaining as more "The Hermit" and seeking inner wisdom...self reflection..etc. But that's my interpretation and we all have our own ways of interpreting each card. I find your interesting and will chew on the concept for awhile.

Chubby Mummy

Hi Whiteraven... I just wanted to note, that after that reading for my cuz with the hierophant as an outcome, well it did mean a hands-off for now situation... she came round yesterday and updated me with some news and she told me theyve been quite close but theyre still at the point where they look at each other "lovingly" but its as if something is holding them back both of actually getting closer...we did another reading last night and she got the hierophant as the now position and the star and the wheel as the outcome, which means although its a hands off, it will all change, slowly, but for now, the hierophant rules..
(Ive also had a situation similar to that with a male "friend" of mine and when I got the hierophant i smiled at my cuz coz we both knew what it meant. For now at least!!)
Hope that helps

xx
cm

Cat Eyes

I feel the Hierophant is a strong symbol of morality. If it turns out in the outcome in a relationship spread, it may indicate a path of abiding by conventional relationship rules. The relationship does not have a lot of the extraordinary excitement that comes with unusual and complicated love affairs. It is stable and consistent...yeah, kinda like marriage.

Personally, when I am depicted as the Hierophant in a relationship spread, I tend to concentrate on the figures hand position. It is a call for silent obedience. It signifies that I am in a position of moral authority. So, if it is in the outcome position, I'm assuming that the culmination of the relationship or an aspect of it is silent obedience to morality. For example, one partner may want out but feels morally obligated to their commitment. It's not an emotional burden as much as it is one of the conscience. Look for Temperance and the Devil cards to boost this interpretations credence.

Red Emma

Hierophant in outcome

While the hierophant can suggest wisdom, it is the conventional kind of wisdom. An "This is the way we've always done it, no need to change things now" kind of message.

The hierophant stays inside the safe boundaries of current social beliefs and customs. Not for him the exploration of possible new and different ways to consider and resolve a problem.

psychic sue

Heirophant in outcome

As an outcome in a relationship question, I would see this as leading to marriage. Of course, the other cards and positions in the spread would confirm this, but to me, the heirophant in these circumstances would represent a traditional view of a relationship. This is because the Heirophant has turned up in many of my readings as representing, authorities, traditionalism, culture etc. So the traditional view of a relationship would lead to marriage in my view. This would be reinforced by the other cards in the spread, as I said before.

Hope this helps.