Sibilla deck help

garmonbozia

Hi everyone,

I am totally unfamiliar with Sibilla decks, but am interested in getting a few of them to study the cards. I've been researching them off and on for the past few weeks, and cannot decide which ones would be the best ones to get.

From the very limited card images I can find on the internet, it looks like many of the decks are more or less the same thing, although I may be totally wrong about that. The more time I spend looking at deck images, the more confused I become, so it's time to ask the experts!

Are all of these decks basically the same thing?

La Vera Sibilla
ImageProductjsp.jpg

Vera Sibilla Italiana
vera-sibilla-italianav2.jpg

Every Day Oracle (Vera Sibilla)
vera-sibilla-italiana.jpg

Sibilla Della Zingara
sibilla-della-zingara.jpg

Or are there differences between them. Which one is the best to get?

I think I've read that two different editions of the Sibilla Della Zingara have come out. How can I tell them apart? Is the artwork on the boxes different in any way?

Thanks for your help!

garmonbozia

more questions....

Are these two the exact same deck with just different artwork?

Antica Sibilla Italiana
antica-sibilla-italiana.jpg

Antica Sibilla Italiana
antica-sibilla-italianav2.jpg

And what about the following types of Sibilla decks? They seem to feature all people. Are they basically the same thing?

1. Are these two the same deck, but just opposite sides of the same box?

Sibilla Oracle Cards
51SF8BS9V2L_SL500_AA300_.jpg

Sibilla Oracle Cards / Oracula Adivino
51oqhKnGd9L_SL500_AA300_.jpg

2. Is this deck basically the same as the two images for deck #1?

Sibilla Indovina
p091_1_14.jpg

3. Are these two the same deck? Similar or the same to either #1 or #2?

The Parlour Sybil
564968562_tp.jpg

La Sibylle des Salons
61QWKYSxVXL_SS500_.jpg

Again, thanks for any help you can provide!

marimorimo

I think I've read that two different editions of the Sibilla Della Zingara have come out. How can I tell them apart? Is the artwork on the boxes different in any way?

What I know is that the older edition has light cream-ish borders, Italian-only titles, and light colored non-reversible backs with the Fortune card printed on them. The newer edition has dark borders with multilingual titles and reversible patterned backs in red. It also doesn't have the playing card deck correspondences and digits used for guessing lottery numbers. Both published by Lo Scarabeo.

Here are scans of the older edition:
http://www.pyroskin.com.ua/en/catalog/index.php?SECTION_ID=128&ELEMENT_ID=1280

I just don't know if this edition is still in print.

garmonbozia

What I know is that the older edition has light cream-ish borders, Italian-only titles, and light colored non-reversible backs with the Fortune card printed on them. The newer edition has dark borders with multilingual titles and reversible patterned backs in red. It also doesn't have the playing card deck correspondences and digits used for guessing lottery numbers. Both published by Lo Scarabeo.

Here are scans of the older edition:
http://www.pyroskin.com.ua/en/catalog/index.php?SECTION_ID=128&ELEMENT_ID=1280

I just don't know if this edition is still in print.

Thanks marimorimo! Do you know what the first edition box looks like? Is it any different than the current version? I assume the box image I posted above is the current one?

IheartTarot

Antica Sibilla Italiana

Are these two the exact same deck with just different artwork?

Antica Sibilla Italiana
antica-sibilla-italiana.jpg

Antica Sibilla Italiana
antica-sibilla-italianav2.jpg

I think the first image is a picture of a book and the second is a picture of the deck. :cool:

IheartTarot

Are all of these decks basically the same thing?

La Vera Sibilla
ImageProductjsp.jpg

Vera Sibilla Italiana
vera-sibilla-italianav2.jpg

Every Day Oracle (Vera Sibilla)
vera-sibilla-italiana.jpg

Sibilla Della Zingara
sibilla-della-zingara.jpg

Or are there differences between them.

The first 3 are different reproductions of an older deck and by at least two different publishers. There are differences in colouring, playing card notation and keywords. The last one is a reproduction of a different deck.

The main difference is that the new version has cards with black borders and multilingual keywords. You would be extremely lucky to find the older edition on the secondary market. Unless you can confirm with ISBN, it is most likely the newer version.

Which one is the best to get?

It is a matter of personal preference. If I had to choose one of the ones currently available, I think I would choose the Every Day Oracle (Vera Sibilla Italiana) by Lo Scarabeo on the basis of historical authenticity (it has the least changes).