Attention, edgers, gilders, and blingers: what are your tools of choice?

BodhiSeed

This inspired me to try to edge the golden universal in gold too. It's not oop or expensive so why not. It did not go exactly as it did on the last deck- it's a thinner card stock. I like it and it looks good, but there IS one thing.

It occurs to me now that I'm maybe dumber than you all, but I did what I did the last time --- I straightened the deck up and carefully colored the whole deck edge at once. I worked lightly and slowly and let it dry a few minutes. This time, the gold seeped in between the cards a bit, and even stuck them together. They came apart fine, but left some gold marks over the edge of many of the cards. I don't mind at all and really like what I've done, however, this may be something to think about. Then again, I 'm wondering if I was supposed to do each card individually, in which case ignore me as I slink away.

I just edged the Devas of Creation deck with a Marks-A-Lot, and even though I did the cards individually, it bled into the images a bit. The cardstock for this deck isn't good (reminds me of the Hoi Polloi), so I'm guessing that had something to do with it. For me the deck isn't ruined; I'll use it anyway. :) Sometimes even doing it "right" doesn't mean it will come out as expected.

G6

Osho Zen - 2nd Edition

Hey All!

I have an Osho Zen, 2nd edition in the plastic VHS looking box. It's begging to be edged in black has anyone edged the Osho Zen? I had hoped the card stock would be thicker given it is an earlier edition, but it seems pretty thin. The card backs wouldn't look bad if the black edge was visible because there is a black graphic element in the center of the backs.

Anyone edge the Osho Zen and have pics?

Thanks!

G6

Osho Zen - Triple Black Edge - Marks-A-Lot

Okay, folks, I went ahead and did it. I have no regrets. The Osho Zen needed a black edge. Agree? ;-)

Attachments

• OshoZen_BlackEdge.jpg
    OshoZen_BlackEdge.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 322

Yelell

Okay, folks, I went ahead and did it. I have no regrets. The Osho Zen needed a black edge. Agree? ;-)

It's like you took your tarot deck to a professional photographer! Fun! :thumbsup:

G6

It's like you took your tarot deck to a professional photographer! Fun! :thumbsup:

Lol, I'm an artist. That's a good idea though the way some people luv their decks, doing portraits with people and their prized decks, ha! :)

Oink

My tools of choice:

Large Olfa Mat (self-healing mat) or similar - my mom had a spare from sewing:
http://www.amazon.com/OLFA-Double-S...=UTF8&qid=1435959511&sr=8-1&keywords=Olfa+mat

Big old straight edge I've had for forever

A comfortable utility knife that takes replaceable blades and fits the hand well:
http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_s...x=Utility+kn,aps,321&rh=i:aps,k:utility+knife

Oregon Lamination 2mm Deluxe Corner rounder:
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00G2G340O/ref=sr_ph?ie=UTF8&qid=1435959155&sr=1&keywords=corner+rounder

Tsukineko Brilliance Ink Pads (I prefer the full size):
http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_2?url=search-alias=aps&field-keywords=Tsukineko+brilliance

G6

Faber-Castell Pitt Artist Pen, White

Okay, I used the Faber Castell Pitt Artist Pen and I think it's a good choice from my limited experience with white markers for the purpose of edging tarot decks. :) It did get a little messy after the tip wore down, but it was manageable.

Here's a pic of the pen. My results with it are posted in the altered decks thread. I edged a Winged Spirit that was dirty or well used... :)

Faber-Castell Pitt Artist Pen

Attachments

• Faber-Castell.jpg
    Faber-Castell.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 259

G6

Edging Borderless Decks?

Has anyone edged a borderless deck and how did it turn out? Did the edging marker make a colored border on the image side? Is it avoidable? Thanks for info! :)

G6

Edging Borderless Decks?

Has anyone edged a borderless deck and how did it turn out? Did the edging marker make a colored border on the image side? Is it avoidable? Thanks for info! :)

Bumping this in the hope someone will respond? Thanks! :)