Bad ebay experience buying Greenwood - beware this seller

rif

That's ... Ironic!

Piasabird

Thank you for the warning on this seller. I use eBay quite a lot for buying tarot books and decks. Ordinarily I stay with sellers who maintain a 100% positive rating. But it's hard to know for sure b/c some buyers don't rate negatively for fear of retaliation I suppose.

AJ

Often the 1000 or 3000 transactions are as buyers, so if you are looking for selling feedback click that tab on their feedback page, they may have only sold a few items.

And sellers haven't been able to give anything but good feedbback for years.
Given bad feedback they have the option of responding.
In giving bad feed back never waste your characters in something like avoid this seller, or sells crap, or whatever. You only have 72 characters, say why this transaction went off the rails.

Hope you get your greenwood!

mydearruby

I'm sorry you had such a bad time - but the seller does have 100% +ve ratings - 226 of them (and two are for tarot decks)... and I don't know what you about the photos being too good.

Not saying this isn't wrong - but still, the guy doesn't seem as bad as this sale has been.

If you look closely----I said in my previous post that among these 226 good ratings only very few are rated AS A SELLER. His only other two ratings for Tarot are for the decks he just sold during the past month (in the same batch of the Greenwood). In addition, for the sold Greenwood deck, I did notice that his photos are heavily edited.

So he might be a good buyer. I am not sure about other things as I didn't end up dealing with him. But i was not just throwing something random and negative to the seller without evidence.

gregory

If you look closely----I said in my previous post that among these 226 good ratings only very few are rated AS A SELLER. His only other two ratings for Tarot are for the decks he just sold during the past month (in the same batch of the Greenwood). In addition, for the sold Greenwood deck, I did notice that his photos are heavily edited.

So he might be a good buyer. I am not sure about other things as I didn't end up dealing with him. But i was not just throwing something random and negative to the seller without evidence.
I didn't say you were.

rif

Will it ever end?

So eBay refunded me and closed the seller's case. And now the seller wants me to reimburse him for damage to the deck. Ironically he now acknowledges the bent card but claims I damaged the box. Apparently it doesn't matter that he shipped it to me so that the top cards shifted loose. Those 90s boxes aren't sturdy at all and I doubt it got damaged further in shipping, and I also don't think that my removing the deck a couple of times would have either.

I'm actually becoming uncomfortable with the situation as this seller has my name and address having mailed something to me. I am going to share his letter and wonder what you all think.

Letter starts below:
I am disappointed at the condition that the Greenwood Tarot set was returned in. While one card was bent on one corner when the deck was sent to you, you have returned the deck with tears to the inside box that will further decrease the value of my item. As a collector, you know that an intact box can be up to 50% of an item's value. While I do not expect a 50% reimbursement, I believe that you should compensate me for the damage that you caused. I am asking that you take this opportunity to make this situation end in an equitable manner.

The attached photos show the condition of the box when it was sent to you, and the condition of the box as it was returned to me by you. The damage is clearly visible.

Thank you,

Lycanthropos

I had a similar incident, though not with a tarot deck. I bought an electronic device that I could not register with the company's service, and when I called I found out it was lost/stolen. The seller offered me a full refund and I shipped it back the same day. After sending him the tracking number, he said he would refund me if the serial number on the device I sent him matched his records, something he had not brought up before. Luckily for me, as the device was possibly stolen, I photographed *everything* including the screen with the serial number, packaging, shipping labels, everything. I told him I would call authorities immediately (and I was serious) if he did not refund my money, including return shipping, which he did. What that taught me and I have done since when having an issue is to photograph everything, keep the original packaging if needed for proof, and make sure I get a promise of full refund via eBay's resolution system so they can reference it. And don't worry about him having your address...you have his, too. You can do a look-up on eBay's site and get all his information if you need it, and if he tries to do that with your information, you will get a notification of the action. (I know this because my seller looked up my info and called me to swear he was returning my money after I threatened police action)

Yelell

Yeah. As a collector himself he must realize the adverse impact the bent card has on the deck as well. If he had described it honestly he likely could not have sold it for a much as he did. Even if you think you can believe it did get damaged being shipped twice through the mail, that's the chance he took sending it under false pretenses -----> "While one card was bent on one corner when the deck was sent to you."

I admit to being more aggressive than typical on occasion. }) But as far as I'm concerned he was hoping to take advantage of someone and failed, so now he's trying again. Don't let it be you.