Self Reading

Tarot2015

Hello,

While doing self reading, will the reading be considered accurate if the cards are shown up based on our thoughts for the situation.

Does it happen to distort the reading.

What is the correct process of doing self tarot reading.

Thanks

Grizabella

A lot of readers don't have good success reading for themselves. I don't read very well for myself on most things. But maybe with time and experience it will get easier for you.

I suggest that you go to the Reading Exchange sub-forum and offer to do some practice readings in exchange with others who are doing some practice there. You make a post saying how many people you'll exchange with and then they read for you in return after you read for them. It's great practice.

I use the exchange for reading with different types of decks to see whether I'm understanding them well or not and to practice with them so I can feel confident reading for others with a new deck or maybe one I've had for awhile and haven't gotten very experienced with yet.

Tarot2015

A lot of readers don't have good success reading for themselves. I don't read very well for myself on most things. But maybe with time and experience it will get easier for you.

I suggest that you go to the Reading Exchange sub-forum and offer to do some practice readings in exchange with others who are doing some practice there. You make a post saying how many people you'll exchange with and then they read for you in return after you read for them. It's great practice.

I use the exchange for reading with different types of decks to see whether I'm understanding them well or not and to practice with them so I can feel confident reading for others with a new deck or maybe one I've had for awhile and haven't gotten very experienced with yet.

Ok. Would any modification in way of asking question to tarot help or any other format that may help in case a reading cannot be exchanged.

Also, when tarot readers ask the querent to pick a card to read for them it is same as reading for yourself, just that an expert interprets the cards.
How would that method work?

Thanks

IndigoViolet

Tarot is like a well that reflects the question you are asking. The tarots are there because there are certain things that by only using our head/intuition/experience etc, we cannot see the whole picture. So that would mean the tarot, through its symbolism, pictures and description, would reflect on both your thoughts and distortions. It is a way that one will ask himself, what are my faults, what I did right, and what I did wrong.

Some would not agree with this, but I think in many ways, a reading itself would never go anywhere wrong. However it does not help the reader to see the picture when one just keeps shuffle the deck just to hear something that they want to hear neither. As you get more and more confused by doing so, and so as your deck! (The reading too)- A you that you project on, you get back exactly what you put in it.

kalistella

Hi

I read for myself all the time, but am aware that if I read when I am emotional or anxious about the issue then my fears will show in the reading rather than the truth. I usually leave the issue 24 hours (because that's how long it takes for me to calm down if I'm stressed :D). The trick is to be objective and if the cards keep telling you something you don't like then that is the message they are trying to get through to you. There is no hiding from them so I just accept it. Some things you can't change, for example other peoples feelings in a reading.

I'm not sure that there is any one definitive way. I have found it to be a case of trial and error really, but that's what learning is all about, I suppose.

Tarot2015

Tarot is like a well that reflects the question you are asking. The tarots are there because there are certain things that by only using our head/intuition/experience etc, we cannot see the whole picture. So that would mean the tarot, through its symbolism, pictures and description, would reflect on both your thoughts and distortions. It is a way that one will ask himself, what are my faults, what I did right, and what I did wrong.

Some would not agree with this, but I think in many ways, a reading itself would never go anywhere wrong. However it does not help the reader to see the picture when one just keeps shuffle the deck just to hear something that they want to hear neither. As you get more and more confused by doing so, and so as your deck! (The reading too)- A you that you project on, you get back exactly what you put in it.

Thanks. Your point of asking right questions can help a more clear reading.

Tarot2015

Hi

I read for myself all the time, but am aware that if I read when I am emotional or anxious about the issue then my fears will show in the reading rather than the truth. I usually leave the issue 24 hours (because that's how long it takes for me to calm down if I'm stressed :D). The trick is to be objective and if the cards keep telling you something you don't like then that is the message they are trying to get through to you. There is no hiding from them so I just accept it. Some things you can't change, for example other peoples feelings in a reading.

I'm not sure that there is any one definitive way. I have found it to be a case of trial and error really, but that's what learning is all about, I suppose.

Thanks. Your approach for an objective can help a more clear reading. However, whenever a question is being asked, the thoughts may not change even after 2-3 days and in such cases tarot may still reflect them in a reading. It may be an incomplete reading still.

IndigoViolet

Hello Tarot2015,
I got a thought. What bothers you the most when self reading? Is it something that is common as the emotion component or is there anything else. Is it the mechanism on how Tarot works?

Tarot2015

Hello Tarot2015,
I got a thought. What bothers you the most when self reading? Is it something that is common as the emotion component or is there anything else. Is it the mechanism on how Tarot works?

Hello IndigoViolet,

In a self reading, I find at times the cards picking what the situation could be as per my understanding or what I may think could be a case.

As such, I don't understand if the cards are showing the reality of the situation or just picking the thoughts and if I need to draw more cards to know the true scenario.

Thanks for your answers.

tarot_quest

Hi Tarot2015!

That is a good question. Like indigoviolet said, I think that tarot might show you the cards that describe the most the current situation.

But then, if you rephrase your question a second time after that you received a description of the situation, you might receive more guidance, especially if you ask for an advice

According to me, to answer your question, it is completely normal that tarot gives you the cards that represent a situation. I would even add that Tarot will try to be objective and to integrate your opinion in the answer.

However, most of the time, tarot will be more objective than trying to copy and paste what you think about a specific situation to shed some light on the problem