When the cards take control

Reverie

Have you ever found yourself giving all your power away to your cards because you don't trust others around you, or maybe your own gut?

I may have posted about this before.

But I find that if the cards indicate a certain outcome, I feel compelled lately to take ACTION to change it IMMEDIATELY. If not, I fear the 'predicted outcome' will come true. And it works. The outcome is different/

Do you ever find your cards are accurate at predicting NO MATTER WHAT?

Do you find that they ALWAYS give the best advice?

Recently I've felt that what I need the most is clearly outside of the cards - what I need more than following my instinct and planning every move is real connection with people. I'm afraid the cards have sometimes acted as a replacement for good old fashioned face to face time with another human being. Or even reading a book about what your concerned over.

Your thoughts?

ETA - Not to dismiss the usefulness of the cards - I still use them, but I wonder if sometimes it adds to my anxiety and need to "know" and be in control.

tarot_quest

wow, I really like the fact that you open up about this... and I am surprised that nobody replied so far!

Yes, Lately I feel that I am asking too many things to Tarot... I think that Tarot is a nice tool but sometimes our fears about a situation can bring us to use it to see things more clearly, but it doesn't help all the time!

When we are not balanced, it's good to take a brake from our deck and we will feel more happy to use it when we feel good. Then we can feel again all the benefits that Tarot can bring in our life.

I also think that it is easier said then done! :) If I talk for myself, I am so curious that I want to know everything and I have so many questions for Tarot...

Reverie

wow, I really like the fact that you open up about this... and I am surprised that nobody replied so far!

Yes, Lately I feel that I am asking too many things to Tarot... I think that Tarot is a nice tool but sometimes our fears about a situation can bring us to use it to see things more clearly, but it doesn't help all the time!

When we are not balanced, it's good to take a brake from our deck and we will feel more happy to use it when we feel good. Then we can feel again all the benefits that Tarot can bring in our life.

I also think that it is easier said then done! :) If I talk for myself, I am so curious that I want to know everything and I have so many questions for Tarot...

Thank you for your humble reply!
I feel the same way. I appreciate tarot: it's its own language. But have I LOST my ability to actually figure things out in REALITY? To understand language, plain and simple, without having to analyze constantly? For me because of my background I have strong defenses where I analyze - but too much analyzing can muddle the issue, really.. So is it time to look elsewhere? Maybe not. I'm not going to give up completely on tarot, but I am going to be searching more in other places: wisdom from books, movies, and really seeking spiritually. Tarot has helped me open that door, I think it's time I do the rest of the work, and come back to tarot only when I am really compelled to do so. I want to try praying and other spiritual pursuits. And if the cards call me I'll ask - maybe tomorrow, maybe in a week, a month, a year. Tarot gives the pieces of the puzzle, but it's our job to put it together.

I deserve to live, without questioning, without feeling compelled to know... I may have been using it wrong, but that's how I feel sometimes.

Girl Archer

Have you ever found yourself giving all your power away to your cards because you don't trust others around you, or maybe your own gut?

absolutely, but I take it like I am channelling my intuition via the cards, however like you have added, and it's been true in my case that if you have control issues, it will majorly enhance that.

But I find that if the cards indicate a certain outcome, I feel compelled lately to take ACTION to change it IMMEDIATELY. If not, I fear the 'predicted outcome' will come true. And it works. The outcome is different/

Do you ever find your cards are accurate at predicting NO MATTER WHAT?

Do you find that they ALWAYS give the best advice?

Well, in some cases I have found that the result never varies and this is when Major Arcana pop. In cases of minor arcana it is said to be tweakable and some things whose outcome can be changed by changing our actions accordingly. Major arcana show karmic themes or life lessons, that need to be learned (or so is my belief). Tarot, at the end of the day is something to be used like guidelines, and sometimes for predicting but mostly for fun. I like pushing my cards beyond the boundaries and ask random predictive things of it like finding lost items etc... They DON't always give the best result, especially if you are reading it in an extremely emotional state, or when you are desperately pulling cards to see the outcome you want. Because they basically work on some kind of synchronicity, so if you feeling sad/stressed it is more than likely you will pull an 8 or 9 of swords. That would only be reflective of the energies surrounding the sitter at the moment and not an actual outcome.

Recently I've felt that what I need the most is clearly outside of the cards - what I need more than following my instinct and planning every move is real connection with people.

YES, absolutely. I have felt this too. I think we go through stages. Obsessive reading is a stage too till you come to terms with it, then learn to let go and stop reading for every little thing desperately :)

ETA - Not to dismiss the usefulness of the cards - I still use them, but I wonder if sometimes it adds to my anxiety and need to "know" and be in control.

It certainly added to my need for control and micro planning every detail, thus enhancing anxiety when things inevitably sometimes don't go our way. I think I am getting over it now, though :laugh:

wisemoonbird

Target.

Yes, what you need the most is clearly outside the cards. You need to follow your instinct cause 9 out of 10 you will be on Target.

Girl Archer

Out of curiosity, I have this question for all you AT-ers. If you come home from work tired but there is a party to attend, and you just draw a card randomly from a pack or an app, and you draw the 3 of Cups; would you go socialize like the cards tell you to, or take rest which is what YOU want?

pageofswords9110

Out of curiosity, I have this question for all you AT-ers. If you come home from work tired but there is a party to attend, and you just draw a card randomly from a pack or an app, and you draw the 3 of Cups; would you go socialize like the cards tell you to, or take rest which is what YOU want?

I would do what I want which would probably be sleep lol. i feel the cards are advice too only. So it maybe a good idea to attend that party. Maybe you need to get out more and enjoy life. But if you're drained and tired why not rest. What harm could come of that ? There will other days to party.

pageofswords9110

I've also become obsessed with tarot readings. I really need to take a break. I think people who already have bad anxiety and are very indecisive should limit the amount of readings they receive. I'm guilty of over doing it. As girlarcher may know lol. But it really does comes from a lack of confidence. Some how we have to KNOW were capable of making the "right" decisions. I'm starting to believe there are no wrong decisions in life. If things didn't turn out how you want you learn a lesson and grow from it. If things do then great.

Girl Archer

I would do what I want which would probably be sleep lol. i feel the cards are advice too only. So it maybe a good idea to attend that party. Maybe you need to get out more and enjoy life. But if you're drained and tired why not rest. What harm could come of that ? There will other days to party.

That is true. I would do the same. I only asked this because I remember reading this kind of a thing on some blog, where the blogger went to the party and ended up having a good time. so, I was wondering about the extent to which people let the cards have power over them and their actions/decisions.Like me trying to decide what school to go.

Michael Sternbach

Interesting question on an interesting thread.

If the cards would suggest that I join the party despite my tiredness, I would conclude that there must be a good reason for it. So I guess I would go there.

But if I were so unbelievably tired that I would be in danger to miss a party, it's very unlikely that I would still be drawing cards anyway. Rather, I would be dragging myself into bed.