Deck of the Week : Sign-up Thread: Week 205 : July 4 - July 10

Scarlet Woodland

Have posted my lil reading over on the daily draw thread. Trying reeeaallly hard not to view today as a write off but tough to make the best of it when arguing with the boy. Well, silently arguing through the medium of cupboard doors anyway.

swedishfish612

Scarlet Woodland- glad you're persevering with the Deviant! That was my learning deck, the first one that really spoke to me. Whenever I do a week with it, I usually end the week saying "Why do I even mess around with other decks? This one is perfect for me!" but of course we all have the itch for something new! I'll be curious to see how you get on with it as the week goes by. I know it's one of those decks that some love and others don't care for at all!

swedishfish612

Forgot to say- When I first got the Ceccoli (my deck this week!) something about it reminded me of the Deviant. It has that feeling of being a different world, where nothing is what it seems.

Ms. Jocelyn

My Deck of the Week-Tarot of the Old Path

I am going to be using the Tarot of the Old Path by Sylvia Gainsford this week.

Scarlet Woodland

Scarlet Woodland- glad you're persevering with the Deviant! That was my learning deck, the first one that really spoke to me. Whenever I do a week with it, I usually end the week saying "Why do I even mess around with other decks? This one is perfect for me!" but of course we all have the itch for something new! I'll be curious to see how you get on with it as the week goes by. I know it's one of those decks that some love and others don't care for at all!

Will definitely be worth it. Would much rather have a deck that speaks loudly if unusually, than one that whispers so quietly I can barely hear it... yes Secret Forest I'm looking at you ;)

Think the key diff with the DM is it actually lets me know when the meaning isn't what I usually take from a given card... a lot of other decks would just let me trundle off in the wrong direction.

Am used to working with atypical decks but they usually have nice flashing neon signs to let you know (like the Mary-El). The deviant Moon caught me by surprise as the artwork (looks) like just a tweak on the traditional but it actually speaks to me quite differently.

Speaking of the artwork I absolutely love it now I have it in my hands. The images online wigged me out a bit at first but I kept checking back in with them now and again, hoping this would change and hey presto... love them.

swedishfish612

Will definitely be worth it. Would much rather have a deck that speaks loudly if unusually, than one that whispers so quietly I can barely hear it... yes Secret Forest I'm looking at you ;)

Think the key diff with the DM is it actually lets me know when the meaning isn't what I usually take from a given card... a lot of other decks would just let me trundle off in the wrong direction.

Am used to working with atypical decks but they usually have nice flashing neon signs to let you know (like the Mary-El). The deviant Moon caught me by surprise as the artwork (looks) like just a tweak on the traditional but it actually speaks to me quite differently.

Speaking of the artwork I absolutely love it now I have it in my hands. The images online wigged me out a bit at first but I kept checking back in with them now and again, hoping this would change and hey presto... love them.

Ha! Secret Forest is one I've always meant to get. I recently got Fairy Lights, by the same artist, and it's definitely going to be a challenge for me. The artwork is so amazing, though, that I have to give it a good try!

I didn't expect to love the DM as much as I do. It was a total surprise to me, that it would be the one that I clicked with first.

Scarlet Woodland

Ha! Secret Forest is one I've always meant to get. I recently got Fairy Lights, by the same artist, and it's definitely going to be a challenge for me. The artwork is so amazing, though, that I have to give it a good try!

I didn't expect to love the DM as much as I do. It was a total surprise to me, that it would be the one that I clicked with first.

The secret forest it beautiful, just have to strain my ears a little. I did find it worked very well with other decks though... the answers are there, they just take a bit of looking. Oooh, just thought about pairing it with the Heart of faerie for some reason and can feel it bouncing around in the tarot drawer. There's my next project :) Can tell I'll be using it a lot more in the autumn/winter months... don't usually think of decks as seasonal but there's a definite autumn walk in the woods vibe there.

Fairy lights has been on my wishlist for ages, the whole twin cards thing is really interesting... plus, ya know, pretty! Definitely one that calls for a borderectomy to get the full value methinks. Am sure it will follow me home one day soon :D

Getting on well with Mr Deviant still... quiet week though so he's a bit underused. Might have to persuade the other half to let me read on his behalf as really not a thing I need to ask at the moment.

VGimlet

I'm still enjoying the Hudes. A nice, workable deck.

New thread is here now.