King of Wands RX - How to handle him?

Mystica7

Yes, this person is "selfish", "arrogant", "egotistical" and may tend to be "domineering"... He is a business contact, we work face to face, and I got the Queen of Pentacles as advice on how to handle him.

Well, I am stuck because of differing agendas, because I am rather the Queen of Wands as it goes for the business affairs (as well). I am a fiery type and being have to play the QoP bores me to death...

I would pretty much like a King of Wands, but reversed, hell no... and frankly, it won't work if I can't impress him on a personal level.

What wisdom can TAROT offer us here?

*Btw, I am a teacher, he is my student, only 2 years older than me.

What other cards do you think would symbolize the best way of coping with and actually winning this person? Any opinions are welcome too.

summeryjoy

Yes, this person is "selfish", "arrogant", "egotistical" and may tend to be "domineering"... He is a business contact, we work face to face, and I got the Queen of Pentacles as advice on how to handle him.

Well, I am stuck because of differing agendas, because I am rather the Queen of Wands as it goes for the business affairs (as well). I am a fiery type and being have to play the QoP bores me to death...

I would pretty much like a King of Wands, but reversed, hell no... and frankly, it won't work if I can't impress him on a personal level.

What wisdom can TAROT offer us here?

*Btw, I am a teacher, he is my student, only 2 years older than me.

What other cards do you think would symbolize the best way of coping with and actually winning this person? Any opinions are welcome too.
Your student is 2 years older than you? That's an odd situation. It makes me wonder if the question (and the tarot answer) is about the teaching relationship alone.

Anyway, you may not be able to master being "Pentacles" right away, but you can be the Queen, because you already are, even if it of Wands. Find out what Queens have in common relevant to the challenge you are having and work it.

Mystica7

Your student is 2 years older than you? That's an odd situation. It makes me wonder if the question (and the tarot answer) is about the teaching relationship alone.

Anyway, you may not be able to master being "Pentacles" right away, but you can be the Queen, because you already are, even if it of Wands. Find out what Queens have in common relevant to the challenge you are having and work it.

Yes, it's odd, because I'm a corporate teacher and work with adults. :)

The question is not actually about "mastering" a suit but rather pretending to achieve the goal: To build and maintain a pleasant relationship (interaction) with him as well as doing my job.

I will ponder on the Queens' common qualities, thank you!

Mystica7

I've returned to give feedback on the resolution of this matter and how Tarot helped.

After inquiring about the (energetic) interaction likely to take place between us in our "next meeting" (a week ago) and getting the King of Wands RX again, I actually decided to display his characteristics when writing an e-mail and acted like the Queen of Pentacles to balance the effect when we met. So far so good, we are doing well.