A'HA Oracle

Elendil

Will there be a British/UK outlet? I like the look of this deck - but international shipping puts it out of my price range at the moment.

linnie

Alta said:
Well, I have been busy and I finally did a reading with the A'HA oracle (oops, which I received before Christmas). A caveat, I did this during commercial breaks while watching TV. :) I enjoyed the exercise if picking the first three key cards and I must say the whole message tied together very nicely after I drew the second three.

Namaste, Alta :) I'm glad the reading came together nicely for you after the additional 3 cards. With the A'HA Layout, often just the 3 key cards will stand alone to give a pretty clear story, but my understanding is that the B&W cards act as support to those more thematic coloured cards for a more detailed reading. :) Did you draw 3 B&W cards, or select 3 more coloured cards, I wonder?

ann823 said:
I love the look of this deck, is there any chance it will be available mass market? My finances are not so hot right now.
Linnie, bumping is adding a post to a thread that is going down on the page where the tread titles are listed, or maybe has gone on to page 2, 3...or further. By adding a new post the thread is "bumped" back up to the top of the list and usually kept more active. You've created a beautiful deck! Ann

Elendil said:
Will there be a British/UK outlet? I like the look of this deck - but international shipping puts it out of my price range at the moment.

Thank you, Ann :) I understand what bumping is now :).

Ann and Elendil, regarding your question about mass market... It's unlikely, I'm afraid... but anything is possible. I am a little uncomfortable with the knowledge that various publishing houses make demands upon self-publishers re alteration of their decks, etc, to suit the new publisher, and I have heard some rather grim tales about how little of the profit actually goes to the originator of the deck, under some of those publishing/distribution agreements.

All of the above does put me in a bind, as I would love to get A'HA out to as many potential A'HA lovers as possible, of course, but I do fear for the integrity of the deck, as I love it as it is, and its original form is how it was given to me. :)

Also, even though it is not all about money, (not even close), it honestly does irk me that large publishing companies that are already worth untold money can ride so high on the wake of impoverished artists!!! :):):)

I am really happy to send bulk orders to a store nominated by any AT members, should those members have the means to persuade those outlets that A'HA would sell well for them. Here in Aus, I just posted sample cards, and, when interest was aroused, complete sample decks, which was expensive, as not all outlets followed through. It would be an impractical and expensive exercise doing that with international outlets.

Hmmmm... I wonder how one gets on BookDepository??? Maybe I could send them a bulk batch, because they don't charge postage.... Hmmm...

Oh, and Museo del tarot have been in touch with me, and they said they'd like to place an order with me.....

If you know of any stores that would love A'HA, please direct them to my website... they only have to google A'HA Oracle, I think, or else it is in my signature.

Wish I could do more to help... I know the postage is an issue for many... it certainly can be for me, too... :)

All things good,

Linnie :)

ann823

I understand your reluctance to give over control of your creation, I'd feel the same in your place. Not everyone can afford every deck, that's life. In the USA at least, Tarot Garden came to mind when you mentioned a distributor. I don't think they have the discounts of the big distributors(like Amazon) but have an excellent reputation and carry decks like the Anna K. and Deck of Shadows that aren't mass produced. Hope your feeling better!
Ann

linnie

Thank you Ann :)

I've just this minute sent off an email to one overseas company, and will guage by their reaction just how well, or not, Australia Post charges will be received. Once upon a time, shipping was cheap and took time... it still tkes longer, but according to staff at the Post Office, there is very little reduction in the cost of ship to air mail over here nowadays... no idea why!!! Anyway, I'll get an idea of what businesses are prepared to lose in profit, and I did give my absolutely lowest price to them, so.... We'll see...

I'll look at Tarot Garden... have started asking around a bit...

Thanks again for your interest! :)

And thank you... I've been sitting at this computer for a couple of hours now, so am very much better than yesterday, but will be off now... still achey!! :)

Alta

linnie said:
Namaste, With the A'HA Layout, often just the 3 key cards will stand alone to give a pretty clear story, but my understanding is that the B&W cards act as support to those more thematic coloured cards for a more detailed reading. :) Did you draw 3 B&W cards, or select 3 more coloured cards, I wonder?
Yes, once I had drawn the three coloured cards, as suggested, and then looked at them for a while, it did tell the story. The three B&W cards, which I drew randomly, amplified it.

linnie

Thank you for taking the time to share that, Alta :)

Alta said:
Well, I have been busy and I finally did a reading with the A'HA oracle (oops, which I received before Christmas). A caveat, I did this during commercial breaks while watching TV.

It sounds like you do some of your readings with the same degree of harsh discipline and focus that I sometimes summon for mine!!! :) :) :) Although I do note that your patience level seems greater than my own! :)

I have observed quite widely, amongst many and varied personality types, that simply having those people choose their 3 coloured cards from a spread on a table can result in some, um, dare I say, "A'HA!" moments!!!!! :) Hee hee! :)

Kissa

I strongly recommend the A'HA layout. The one where you select 3 color cards ("key cards") then you can if you want, complete them and get more info from the rest of the pack put again together (74 cards) by pulling 3, 6 or more extra cards.

1st card is Aspiration
2nd card is Blocking
3rd card is Bridging and it is placed in the middle of the previous two

Funnily enough, I had trouble selecting the first card (you are supposed to choose one, you don't shuffle and draw) but number 2 and 3 came very easily. Which is perfect since, feeling stuck and out of focus on the main subjects in my life, I need to know what is blocking me and how to overcome that blocking. I didn't take any extra card.

After the reading, I have a vague idea of what my aspiration(s) is/are but I now have a much clearer idea of what is blocking me, why and what I can do about it. Very therapeutical, very efficient. Once again, I was able to get deeper and much more honest insights on my own situation with A'HA than with any other tarot or oracle deck. I don't know why this deck works so well for me. If it weren't for A'HA, I wouldn't touch cards at all except for "pimping" them.

I might sound like I'm repeating myself (which I am) or getting a percentage on A'HA sales (which I am not) but Linnie's deck has been the only one for three months now that makes me want to read cards and make me feel I can. And for that, I am grateful beyond words to Linnie.
A'HA oracle doesn't only "work" for me, it's actually the only deck that works for me LOL

Blessings,

K

linnie

Thank you :)

Namaste, Kissa :)

I'm sorry that your other decks aren't working with you lately, or you with them, but I am very happy to hear that A'HA continues to offer you some clarity.

It's funny how different decks speak to us at different times. Myself, I haven't been in the space to look at any... even my lovely new decks that I enjoy very much... I've just been too busy with my head in books lately!!!

Thanks for sharing your thoughts about A'HA.... I appreciate your feedback very much. :)

linnie

Still awaiting news re A'HA outlets for you ...

Hello all... I'm just updating things for those who enquired re A'HA outlets...

I have recently contacted an online outlet, and also replied to Museo del Tarot.

I offered my quotation for costings, and, whilst I do worry that the postage might be too expensive to allow for a big enough profit margin to make it worthwhile, I've offered my absolutely most discounted rate to them to offset the postal costs somewhat, so, fingers crossed... I will keep you posted if anything comes up!

All things good,

Linnie :)

Penthasilia

Just received this deck today and I do love it. I will probably end up using it intuitively, as the illustrations are just gorgeous and suck me right in :D

Question for the group- has anyone trimmed these down to a circular deck? That was my first impulse as soon as I opened the box but I would love to see pics if someone has already gone scissor-happy on them :)

Thanks!