Golden Tarot

yve

Couldn't access Amazon to order this, it came up the link does not exist and my search for this deck comes up empty...I e-mailed tarot garden to see if they carry it yet...I did see it for sale on US games, so if all else fails i'll order it from them...it's definately a deck that would be an asset to my fast growing collection....

Mimers

WOW, just WOW.

Kat, I got mine this morning and didn't have time to look through it until I arrived at my parent's house this evening after work. I put it on the kitchen table and my Mother grabed it. "you have to help Rachael (my daughter) with her math homework" she said as she walked away with my deck. I did as she said and when I walked into the livingroom later, there was my Ma and Pa ooohing and ahhhing over your deck. They are not Tarot readers, either. They each asked for a reading with it, and the readings were fantastic. My Pa wants my to get one for himself, just to look at.

THANK YOU!!!!

Mimi

retrokat

I'm sooo glad you like it as much in the flesh :D

I've just listed some individual cards on eBay, so if you want to make your unsigned deck into a signed one, that's probably the cheapest & easiest way (considering I live in Australia, I doubt USGS will get me to do an author tour in the US any time soon!).

http://members.ebay.com/aboutme/goldentarot/

BrigantiaTarot

It's here!

My copy came in yesterday afternoon at my best local tarot source in Austin (Whole Life Books)! It's perfect! I have it here at work with me (although I may not get to read with it) because I just couldn't leave it home!

Robin

lark

Just plucked my Amazon box off of the back porch,
And yes Golden Tarot was in it!!!!!!!!
Am I the first to get the deck from Amazon?

Kat it exceeded my expectations in every way! ( And I had really high expectations to begin with.)
I am soooo happy with this deck.
They are all spread out on the dinning room table, what a spectacular site.
The packaging is superb. I wish all tarot decks came in such a box.
And the little book is perfect.
I can't wait to dig in and read.

I am a dog lover and all the Maltese and Italian Greyhounds in the deck had me ohhhing and ahhhing.

Here is a quick take on some of the cards that hit me between the eyes at first glance.

Hermit~ best Hermit I have ever seem! And he has a cat!

Star~ a Maltese, Italian Greyhound and Mermaid all on the same card? Please.... how can I resist?

8 of coins~ the way you have the light coming in the window and illuminating the scene is genius.

6 of cups~ absolutly adorable. The way that little boy reading has his hand resting on his leg as he dangles it over the green grasses.
You can almost see him swinging it.
And the other child is holding a bird!

3 of wands~ not a card I usually connect with but somehow the sail on the ship just speaks of limitless possibilities to me.

Oh my gosh I could go on and on.
This deck is an intuitive readers dream.
Thank you Kat for this beautiful deck.
I will treasure it.
Now I'm off to do my "how will we get on new tarot deck reading."

Aure

Hooray!!!!

I got an e-mail from the store I pre-ordered Golden Tarot and they said that their supplier has managed to get the item and it has been sent yesterday!! It's on its way to Finland! If I only knew where from...

The store still claims on their pages that it hasn't yet been published and Amazon.com answered me today that they don't have it available but I could try Amazon.co.uk....

What's this 'under-the-counter'-business they do with this deck?!?!?! "No, it's not published, we don't have it, but you can order it anyway and we'll send it"... I feel like a member of a secret club ;) I dared to order a non-existing deck (which I'm sure I'll love to bits! My dear hubby said it will be his gift for me celebrating the Women's Day that was on monday, you just can't help lovin' that man!!) and now it is coming... I hope... I can't sleep now that I know...

lunakasha

Hey ((((Lark))))!!!!

CONGRATULATIONS on being one of the first here at AT to have the Golden Tarot in your hands!!! It sounds absolutely perfect!

I was wondering if I might ask a favor:

When you received your Limited Edition Gilded deck *sigh*, you were kind enough to share your new deck reading with us, and I enjoyed it so much....would you be willing to post here with your new deck reading for the Golden????? I am sure those of us who are dying in anticipation of this deck would be very pleased to hear more from you, and you have such a wonderful way with words....what do you say?

:D Luna (pretty please???)

lark

lunakasha said:
Hey ((((Lark))))!!!!
When you received your Limited Edition Gilded deck *sigh*, you were kind enough to share your new deck reading with us, and I enjoyed it so much....would you be willing to post here with your new deck reading for the Golden????? I am sure those of us who are dying in anticipation of this deck would be very pleased to hear more from you, and you have such a wonderful way with words....what do you say?

:D Luna (pretty please???)
Ok luna, I'm making meatloaf right now so I'll do it a little later OK (my men are hungry)
p.s. flattery will get you everywhere. :D

lunakasha

lark said:
Ok luna, I'm making meatloaf right now so I'll do it a little later OK (my men are hungry)
p.s. flattery will get you everywhere. :D

Yeah!!!! I thought that a heavy dose of sincere flattery might do the trick....LOL!!!!

You are just too good to me, Lark.....
Now please go on and feed your men, first things first!
I can be patient (for a little while), if I try REALLY hard....})

THANK YOU so much.....
:D Luna

Khatruman

Got it!!

Well, I no longer need to battle with Amazon over this deck, and I will seriously consider other sources for any future decks.

On a whim, I decided to take a brief visit to my local Border's Books. In the past, they have been amazing in their ability to get in new decks (While Amazon was telling me that the Leonardo da Vinci and the Tarot of New Vision decks had not been released, they were sitting all bright and shiny in Border's case, but my order was pending, so I waited). Well, I walk over to their tarot case now (which they have decided no longer needs to be under lock and key like their adult DVDs) and there it is!!!!. I went to the counter with it, used my educators' discount and the remnants of a gift card I had, and I end up spending about as much as I would have with Amazon! Border's had it priced at $20, so I ended up shelling out less than $15.

It is beautiful, Kat! I had seen the pictures of the cards many times, and it is wonderful that U.S. Games did such a superb job all around. The gilt edges are beautiful and the images wonderfully reproduced on very good card stock. Even the box, with the perfectly fitting book, is gorgeous. This is one deck for which I won't even consider needing a tarot bag. The book is comprehensive and compact, including all the info that most of us want to see: artist visions of the meanings and references for the imagery used. I have to study the images more, but I did look up a couple of the rampant lion shields to see if they might have originated with my Scottish clan (either the Macduff's or the Wemyss's).

All this done at such an affordable price! I will have to go to U.S. Games website and leave my praises there as to how much respect and care they put into producing a top-flight deck.

Kudos to you, Kat!! :D