The Best Marseille Deck--Your Top Three List . . .

karenquilter

I can't believe there has only been one mention of the Soprafino.

My list:
Hadar
Soprafino

I also have the Grimaud, but I'm not enamored of it. The colors are garish, & the artwork needs to be cleaned up.

Le Fanu

I thought that this thread was for those decks that have - as Debra stipulated at the outset - the title Marseilles somewhere in the name. That was why I didnt post. I love the Marseilles-style i.e non-scenic pips, but I thought it had to be one of the strictly Marseilles pedigree. Otherwise, Id have been the first here to post Soprafino:)

For me it would be
Jacques Vieville
Soprafino
Maybe 1JJ Swiss...

(I can hear Le Pendu thinking this thread has been SO dumbed down... At first it was so pedigree...;))

Major Tom

Le Fanu said:
I thought that this thread was for those decks that have - as Debra stipulated at the outset - the title Marseilles somewhere in the name.

This is what Debra said at the outset. ;)

Debra said:
I don't care--I'm just interested in seeing what people think, and why.

la-luna

ok here is my top 3 (this has been a difficult choise)

1 Tarot de Jean Noblet
2 Tarot de Marseille - Marteau
3 Le Millénaire Tarot de Marseilles

Debra

Erk. Since I have no self-discipline, I can hardly expect it from others :D

By phone a certain "purist" friend here suggested I should perhaps have made this a "favorite historical deck" thread, thus enabling the Jacques Vieville, Besacon, Vandenborre Bacchus, etc. But that would dis-enfranchise the Bill's and Major Tom's and the Marseille Chats. Can't have that.

Sigh. Democracy in action...always a Pain in the Neck. :D

Alta

la-luna said:
3 Le Millénaire Tarot de Marseilles
oooh, forgot that little jewel. Excellent! Still, think I'll stick with my choices.

jackdaw*

Hadar.
Noblet (78 cards).
Le Grand Tarot Universel, just for fun.

Le Fanu

O yes, like the liberating sound of that, Debra. Favourite historical decks.... But that would be another thread. One for the future. My choices would be the same anyway, except perhaps instead of 1JJ Swiss( I know, I know it isn´t a Marseilles deck), I would put the Tarot Naibi Di Giovanni Vacchetta/ Of the Masters...

WolfSpirit

jackdaw* said:
Le Grand Tarot Universel, just for fun.

Yeah I like that one too :D
If I could have chosen more than three, this one would have been in.

northsea

Conver Marteau
Dodal Dusserre
Noblet Flornoy