The Best Marseille Deck--Your Top Three List . . .

mosaica

1. The Noblet
2. The Fournier
3. (Still open)

... because these are the nicest Marseille decks that I have so far. Why have TdM decks have gone scarce, now that I want them? They are either out of stock or unavailable nearly everywhere in the US, it seems. You have all made me really want to add a Hadar to my list! And a Camoin, and a Grimaud, and a Conver....

Mosaica

Le Fanu

...don´t forget the best one of all, the "Jacques Vieville".... Try getting a copy of that one...

O, I forgot, it isn´t strictly Marseilles....

stella01904

mosaica said:
Why have TdM decks have gone scarce, now that I want them? They are either out of stock or unavailable nearly everywhere in the US, it seems.

You have to work for them a little, true.
Anything worth having is worth a bit of pain. :D
Besides, you get the thrill of the chase, lol.

Having a packet arrive with french postmarks is MUCH more rewarding than pulling something cheesey off the shelf at Borders, IMHO.

Bernice

I can't find an affordable copy of the Hadar....... :(

Bee

mosaica

Did you try amazon.ca? They have it in stock for about $25 plus $10 shipping. I'm really having to hold myself back from ordering it! (That's not affordable for me right now, either, but I really want a another TdM deck that I like, to use when my Noblet is tied up in a reading.)

(Oh, sorry, you're in the UK!)

Satori

Updated List!

1. Well the Noblet wins for me hands down.
2. Hadar. Love it.
3. Jodo-Camoin. And well...

My other love and yes, this is now an illegal post, is the Vacchetta! Love it! The color palette on the Tarot of the Master is my fave. I have two copies, one trimmed and the other untouched. And I love the trimmed one. Reads very nicely too.

stella01904

I have a Camoin mini that I got before I aquired the regular sized one. It's been living in my purse for several years now, going where I go. I don't know how I managed without it. That said, I still had to get the regular-sized one. I never noticed L'Imperatrice's green eyes until I did.

The Noblet is my favorite for at-home readings, though.

SolSionnach

Counting the ones I have:
Fournier (love it!)
Tarocco di Marsiglia (Svizzera 1804)

I just ordered the Hadar from amazon.ca (I love the beautiful colors!), and have backordered the Noblet from TG. (You can tell that I've busted out of my IDS with the BBC, and am going full-tilt with pip decks, right? :) )

If we are going to include TdM also-rans, I have to add the LS Tarot of Bologna (I love the soft colors of that repro), and - stretching it quite a bit - the BALBI. The people cards in that deck are definitely TdM based, but of course the pips ... um ... aren't. :bugeyed:

ETA: it's Jan 2009, and my tastes have really changed.
Dussere Dodal
Jacques Vieville
Svizzera 1804
Hadar
Noblet

I don't read much with the Svizzera, and just got the Noblet a couple of hours ago.

SolSionnach

le pendu said:
Or that the Tarocco di Marsiglia (Svizzera 1804) is a delightful deck that has a very unusual depiction of the Hanged Man; even odder, it seems to be a copy of the Hanged Man card from a deck made in the 1500s; and even more mysterious, there seems to be a visual connection to some rather morbid history (wanna talk about "dark decks"!).

Hey le pendu,
I have that deck (have had it for *years*), and I'm curious what you are alluding to re: the morbid history.

Care to enlighten me? ;)

Carla

How about an update?

What is everyone's top 3 TdM these days? I've recently bought 4 myself...I'm getting into TdM! :D But I'm curious...what do you consider the best of the bunch?