Mystic Fairy Tarot Discussion Thread (2007 and 2009 threads merged)

NoelleNoey

Out of curiousity :) I'm not a big fan of rws actually. I never really understood it and i believe it could be due to my liking for pretty/cute things *blush* And I was wondering how closely related this deck and rws might be in terms of meaning/symbolism.

SakuraFae

NoelleNoey said:
Out of curiousity :) I'm not a big fan of rws actually. I never really understood it and i believe it could be due to my liking for pretty/cute things *blush* And I was wondering how closely related this deck and rws might be in terms of meaning/symbolism.

The pictures have some of the same symbolism but the images are slightly tweaked. The Major Arcana's intent is the same and the feel behind the cards are similar. I haven't done a side by side comparison with the minor's yet, but when studying I have used online resources for RWS for further insight. I usually look at the card first and notice what I notice and see things in it, then I turn to the book to see if there's a nuance I could have missed. I'm usually really close. Then I search online for the RWS meaning to add a bit more.

I'm still pretty new at this too. I read for a few years in my teens, but left them behind when moving in with my current partner. It's only now, through the perceived "cuteness" and my love of the fae, that I snuck them back into the house. lol

WillowRose

Hi ! Found this thread thanks to Sakura Fae :) Is it ok if I join?I have the Mystic Faerie deck but hardly use it & want to use it more !I love the cards but they're different to the other decks I've used and I sometimes have trouble reading them so I'd like to practice :)

SakuraFae

WillowRose said:
Hi ! Found this thread thanks to Sakura Fae :) Is it ok if I join?I have the Mystic Faerie deck but hardly use it & want to use it more !I love the cards but they're different to the other decks I've used and I sometimes have trouble reading them so I'd like to practice :)

There is a sticky thread about Study Groups. Basically there is an index thread with existing study, for this study they all relate to the card (I've seen one go by suit).

So... add your insight or thoughts on a card already on the index by posting to the thread.

Everyone is welcome to start a new thread for a card that isn't on the index. You just have to PM Sulis so it can be added to the index. If you aren't comfortable doing it, I can walk you through the first few times.

So again, you have two options. Use an existing thread from the index thread. OR if there isn't a thread for the card you'd like to share your thoughts on, start a new thread and PM Sulis.

The index is here:

http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=82765

It's been a really quiet group and I've been slow too, but I am keeping it going. I'm looking forward to sharing with you. :D

Enchanted Dale

Bought Deck

I would like to be a part of this group. Not sure if anyone is still interested.
Could use some lighthearted fairy talk.
Dale

Kanon

I always use this deck (at least until today), and didn't notice there's a study group available. I'd love to join :love:.

SakuraFae

I'd love more company! Did you find the index thread? There's confusingly two discussion threads, the other was started in 2009

http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=117912

Which would we rather use? We can ask Sulis nicely to close one or merge both for us so it doesn't get confusing.

Enchanted Dale

Merge Both

Hi SakuraFae,
I'm new to Tarot and AT. I would love to be in a group. I have Mystic Faerie and it is such a fun deck. I guess it would be good to merge both threads. Could we discuss a card that has already been discussed? Just need a little guidance.
Blessings,
Enchanted Dale

Enchanted Dale

I see FaeCarol was very interested a few months ago. She might still be interested.

Sulis

Moderator note

The 2 study group proposal / discussion threads have now been merged into one thread (this one).

Enchanted Dale, welcome to Tarot Study Groups.
If you look at the index of study groups and find the Mystic Faerie index thread you can see which cards have been covered. If you want to talk about a card that has already been discussed, just post to that thread and I'm sure you'll get the answers you want.

Here's the Tarot Study Groups index (it's a sticky thread at the top of Tarot Study Groups): http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=34124

And the Mystic Faerie Tarot study group index: http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?p=1153995

If you need any help just drop me a private message :).

Sulis - Tarot Study Groups moderator