Haindl Court

pasara

So, I am determined to get to know this Haindl deck. (Fully trimmed by the way, which I somewhat regret, though not fully.)

As far as the courts, what is hard for me is that the descriptions and commentary in the Pollack book really say nothing much to me. I think especially with the female cards they are not differentiated enough.

I decided today to lay out all the courts and go through them one at a time and just to give a short descriptive of what they say to me. Here are notes about what I came up with. Let me know what you think. Am I on the right track? Do you have aspects to add to any of these, or find any of it helpful?

The Mother cards are the feminine energy in various forms. They are not people to me. So, here is how I would characterize them:

Venus: The maternal Goddess energy, embracing, comforting, there for you, able to sense how you feel, accepting and compassionate.

Kali: Fiery, strong, sexual feminine energy. Extremely dynamic. Helps give you the strength to DO things. Unfearing. The infinite protective strength of women towards their children. The fighting woman. Independent.

Spider Woman: Intuitive, knows what you need before you do, speaks little, steady emotionally, ancient feminine wisdom, the crone. I see this card most associate with the HP, quiet, mysterious, very awake but not agitated in any way. Prepared. She has seen things over time which gives her perspective, she has a wisdom and knowledge that is unflappable.

Fathers - these are manifestations of masculine energy, not people.

Old Man - He has a long life of experience that is the foundation of his wisdom, the clan elder, the retired warrior. He has walked many miles and nothing surprises him, he has seen it all. He knows how the world works.

Brahma - Far-seeing, creative, dynamic, imaginative, he knows how to harness his energy in a way that makes the ideal seem possible. The classic yang energy, expansive and active. Nothing stands in his way.

Odin - Deep heart forces are at his foundation, the protector, the father. The idea of sacrifice out of love and to save or protect.

Ra - His strength is in the intellect, all activity is in his mind. He is authoritative, authoritarian, makes decisions, is not side-tracked by emotion, rational, logical.

Daughters and Sons: These cards are more types of people, or how the overarching feminine/masculine energies play out on earth.

Brigid - Able to find value and beauty in differing ideas. The peacemaker. She is able to bring people together. Nonjudgmental.

Radha - She embraces joy in life, beauty. Venus qualities. Sensual. Happy. Not weak, but not aggressive.

White Buffalo Woman - She is the daughter of Spider Woman. The one of these cards where I really see the relationship. She is practical, quiet, subdued outwardly but inwardly active. She provides tools to people, she speaks little but when she does she is ready to give a very grounded insight or solution to a problem. She does not spin her wheels or participate in idle chatter. She is always thinking how to help others in very practical ways, and is willing to do what it takes to make things happen. She is a stable and loyal energy.

Isis - Very intelligent, bright. She thinks things through and can project into the future by following an argument or plan to its logical conclusion. She is often one step ahead of others. Confident. Verbal. Needs no one to explain anything to her. Sharp tongued. Keen. Acute.

Parsival - Loyal. Wears his heart on his sleeve. Naive. Means well, but makes many mistakes by working out of his emotions and innocence. Not particularly conscious of consequences, more reactionary on a heart level. Regretting. Will work for forgiveness. Cares what others think. The apprentice. The teen in love.

Krishna - Enjoys life. Has fun. Feels invincible, like a teenage boy does. Self-confident, maybe a little arrogant but does not realize it. Charismatic. Popular, good looking and talented and feels this is natural and entitled to all he has. Hard to resist.

Chief Seattle - He leads by walking the talk. He is able to articulate what is needed and convince others. Seems the most mature of the Sons. He believes he can change the world and has faith in himself and others. Very practical and grounded. Will not give up, believes there is always a solution to problems and will keep at it until it is found. Not afraid to face those he has disagreements with and work it through. Diplomatic. Patient.

Osiris - Naive, trusting, but in a different way from Parsival. Intellectually idealistic. Seizes onto ideas/isms with ardor. Seeking intellectually, studies, wants to know more. Communicative. Persuasive. Intelligent, heady. Tries to be rational but not very grounded.

Okay, there are some thoughts to start with. Any comments appreciated.

Carla

What about Nut?