Shadowscapes Tarot - King of Cups

GryffinSong

Where the queen walked upon the water, bouyed up by the sea turtles, the king has become one with the water, and shares it equally with the turtles. He is entwined with seaweeds, as if he's growing from the rich soil at the bottom of the ocean. Grounded, whole, and even growing scales and turning green on his shoulders and torso. He holds a huge cup, so large that its like a bowl but for its twisted stem. He looks upwards, solemn and intense, apparently listening to, or speaking with, a small and elegant seahorse. I feel as if this king honors all of his creatures, from the largest and strongest to the smallest and weakest. This is an approachable king, despite his elegance and beauty. Imposing and yet kind. There is a bubble/halo around the kings head/hair/beard, as there is behind the seahorse. Perhaps this reminds us that we're all creatures of heart and feeling, and that we all have more in common than not.

This card has a gorgeous, soothing, cool feel to it that really draws me in. The soft blues and greens are so luscious, so serene, that it makes me want to go scuba diving in hopes of finding him. :)

I really see the progression in these courts. From the knight who fights with the waves, to the queen who walks on water, to the king who becomes water. Beautiful, beautiful work!!!