Connolly study?

Indigo Rose

I am looking forward to joining this study group.

Sophie-David

Please do, Indigo Rose. I'm looking forward to getting some feedback to those threads with the big fat zeroes! :)

David

Sophie-David

The Connolly Tarot Index

I just realized that it would be useful to put a cross-reference from this thread to The Connolly Tarot Index, and so there we are!

HANDMAIDEN MI

I would like to study Connelly

I have a miniature Connelly deck and what I like about it is the gentle realities she portrays in the art. The books are vigorous and full of life.
Count me in!
To be a Christian isn't being a fool, and Connelly gives rise for this ascension into the Christ consciousness.
Ms. Ae

Sophie-David

Hi Ms. Ae,

I imagine the miniature version would be quite effective. The pictures are so bright and clear, with not a lot of little details, so they would reduce very well.

I agree "To be a Christian isn't being a fool", except for being a Fool in the positive Tarot sense, that of a trusting child on a life journey. I used the Connolly for a meditational cycle through the Majors, using the framework in Elaine Connolly's Tarot: A New Handbook for the Apprentice, and it was certainly life changing.

I remember your kind encouragement and insight in the New Members section when I joined the ATF in December and I look forward to further dialogue on the Connolly.

Blessings
David

MoonMaiden

Okay David. I realize that I have been pretty silent on the Connolly front. :)

I have had movements toward input but felt oddly reticent. Okay, enough waffle. :)

Onward to more input!

MM

Sophie-David

Unlike me, you may have a life outside of the ATF! :)

Woops, just kidding - I think. :confused: <Ahem> I really do go outside - sometimes. I'll put it down to not wanting to get out much in this nasty weather to do my walks and photography...

Cheers, MM!
David

SpiritOfTheDogz

I see the last posts are nearly six years old, does anyone still study/use this deck?

I've been using it a lot lately and although it isn't my favorite deck looks wise, it does seem to want to work with me and out of all the decks I have used over the last few weeks, this is the one that has given the better readings.

SpiritOfTheDogz

I've now got the first book which I've been trying to work through but just don't understand the "seeds" as much as I would like so I might just pick the parts out of the book that work for me, mainly those bits that aren't over complicated or over religious :)
I'm also going to add bits to my study that aren't in the book like learning the significance of the different colours, as it is a very colourful deck that bit should be quite fun :)

Queen of Disks

I'll study with you, I use it quite a bit. :)