What are some crystals for emotional balance?

Labhraín

Love that book....

I found this list online, maybe it can be of service, Labhrain :)

http://www.idiotsguides.com/health-and-wellness/alternative-medicine/crystals-for-emotional-healing/

There is also a very affordable and very good book on stones, called "the book of stones" by Robert Simmons and Naisha Ashian; he is a gemologist and jeweler, and she is a crystal healer. You can get it on Amazon for about $20 and it is a really comprehensive guide to the strongest healing stones and their properties :)

Oh yes! I have that book. I'll dig into it some more today and have a look at this thread here. Thank you!

Labhraín

Any other stones that are good for emotional stabilization and balance?

Labhraín

Some are from personal experience :) I have found the steadiest mood balancer in the lot to be the black diopside. Grounding stones work well for that (like the smoky quartz or topaz listed by JolieA) and I back her up on the Labradorite. Shoulda put it on my list! ;)

PS the sapphires work a treat, too. I like to balance the pink one with the Vesuvianite (green) and the black diopside. Nice mix!

What about onyx? Have you ever tried that and how does that black stone differ from black diopside? I noticed that a shop near where I live has an onyx and silver pendant. I'm going on a trip next week and I might not be able to get my hands on some of these stones that fast but I do have a couple of smokey quartz pieces in jewelry form that would be easy to travel with. I wonder if I should do that.

Padma

Hmmm...Onyx to me feels dull and dead - but then, it is typically made of dyed chalcedony. That is a stone that is too watery for me - it makes me feel dead inside, like pearls do. If I could hold an actual true piece of onyx, I might feel differently...? As I have no true experience with onyx, I cannot really comment...

Padma

Garnet is a super stone to travel with, if you have any. I typically wear garnet, rubies and smoky topaz for travel, and throw a chunk of black tourmaline in my purse :) Prehnite works well too, if you have it around the house...

Labhraín

Hmmm...Onyx to me feels dull and dead - but then, it is typically made of dyed chalcedony. That is a stone that is too watery for me - it makes me feel dead inside, like pearls do. If I could hold an actual true piece of onyx, I might feel differently...? As I have no true experience with onyx, I cannot really comment...

Okay, good to know, thanks Padma :) I wasn't sure about the onyx. Speaking of chalcedony, I have a chalcedony pendant that I got a while ago and I was never crazy about it - bought it online on a whim but the milky look of it...just not crazy about it. Buyer beware, right? Should have thought more about it. BTW, I checked the book of stones and their list was:

Andularia
Green Calcite
Red Jasper
Malachite
Rainbow Moonstone
Thulite

Labhraín

Garnet is a super stone to travel with, if you have any. I typically wear garnet, rubies and smoky topaz for travel, and throw a chunk of black tourmaline in my purse :) Prehnite works well too, if you have it around the house...

I do have a tumbled garnet stone, but no ruby or smoky topaz, only smoky quartz. I have a bit of black tourmaline on a leather cord, I suppose I could wear that, not sure. I was trying to avoid carrying tumbled stones in my bag - afraid I might lose them and that security might say, what the heck is she carrying? :p

I just remembered I have a garnet ring. I also have a nice moonstone ring too. No prehnite in the collection, though.

Brilliance

I use blue sapphire. :)

Padma

Garnet and moonstone would work well enough together! Garnet is earth, and moonstone is water...

I can't work with malachite myself, but yes, it would be very stabilizing!

Oh, blue sapphires - yes, those work a treat! Very sensible and practical!

ETA I meant sapphire makes one feel that way - balanced and stable :)

EmpyreanKnight

Red Jasper

I second the red jasper. Before purchasing a jasper pendulum (which ought to come anytime this week), I researched a bit on its properties. Ruling our root chakra, it has a very strong stabilizing energy that grounds it to the earth. It provides emotional stability and balance, specially in the most difficult of times, and is a good stone that helps temper bad habits and addictions.