Dame Fortune's Wheel - The Sun

sapienza

The Sun card show a radiant sun in the sky. Drops of water are below the sun and Paul Huson says these are the moisture that is sucked up by the sun during the day to fall as rain or dew later on. In the foreground we see two boys in front of a low wall. This card follows the Marseille style.

The Sun is also linked to the astrological sign of Leo and Paul Huson also links this to the 5th house which incorporates children (the children playing in front of the wall) and pleasure. This house also deals with romance and creativity, which fit well with this card.

I always think of Apollo when this card comes up (probably because my first deck was the Mythic :)). Apollo was the god of music, archery and prophecy and so those things seem to fit well also.

Overall I really like this representation of the sun. I like that they figures are young, giving a real sense of freedom and fun, or the freedom TO HAVE fun. It's a card that for me convesy a feeling of warmth, well-being and happiness.

DrDave

Always love the sun card
Guided by the Sun during the day the Moon at night
Dave

Bernice

An optomistic card, and also rather innocent/vulnerable. Later, the rain may fall on these two - that's life. And the Sun is a measure of daily life....... a cycle.

For me it conveys a period or plateau of happiness where all is well. Nothing bad (dark) exists here.

Bee :)

sapienza

Bernice said:
Later, the rain may fall on these two - that's life.

I love this Bee :)

Moonbow

An updated Marseilles Sun image, and a picture which has always left me wondering at its simple scene which seems to belie something much bigger and important than we are actually seeing, though it can be seen as a simple, playful and happy scene as well.

I relate to Etteilla's other keywords of Glory, and Heaven and Earth. The Sun is a life sustainer, the Earth and everything on it depends on the Sun. Earth needs the Heavens for life and spirit ,and is indeed a part of the Heavens.