Deviant Moon -- Queen of Wands

Onyx

The Suit of Wands in the Deviant Moon Tarot has a sage green border and relates to the natural cycles of life. The court cards are all in a wooded forest setting. If you look at the trees in the background, you can see that they are all primarily bare of leaves but the Queen of Wands does seem to depict from of a late autumn season with the tiny little leaves you can see are a brown or dark red color. Like all the Courts cards in the deck the Court of Wands are on what looks to be round discs or moons.

The warrior woman stands in the full moon light with her spear in her hand. This beautiful card just exudes the strength of a woman to me. She is set and determined. Still raising her leg she is ready to spring into action as well.

The most obvious element of this card for me was the fact that both her breasts were on her left side. At first I thought of a Picasso perspective issue but the more I look at it I think that there is something else. I look at this card and I hear a whisper of a memory about how Amazons or some other female warriors would cut off one of their breasts to wear their armor better or to improve their aim with weapons. (Anyone know what I am thinking about here?) It even appears as if she is adorned with tribal tattoos.

This Queen of Wands is earthy and the garments of leaves and leather let us know this. I am look in to those eyes and just know she is a fit bride for a warrior king. She is not a pampered queen but a queen who can rule and take action. She finds no pleasure in the soft and the pretty. She cares only for the strong and the useful. Her crown is of horns and leafy camouflage not of silk, gold and jewels. She is both an asset and force in her kingdom.

While other Queens my nurture the young, she trains them. She stokes the passions and the strengths of the young warriors and accepts no excuses. As another queen as said she sends her men to battle with one admonishment, “Come back with your shield or on it.”

She will not abide trivialities and fanciful distraction. The Fool is not the friend of the Queen. She knows whom she loves and loves them fiercely. She love and laughs with her full being and understands that the cycles of nature and of life allow and require seasons of all kinds.

If you cross this Queen she will pay back in kind and with interest. Spiteful and able correct any wrong done to her she will not plead her case to any man or court. She may use others for the revenge she seeks but it will be all her doing. Manipulation and deception are just as useful in the art of war as the charge and the thrown spear.

janstar17

Onyx said:
The warrior woman stands in the full moon light with her spear in her hand. This beautiful card just exudes the strength of a woman to me. She is set and determined. Still raising her leg she is ready to spring into action as well.

The most obvious element of this card for me was the fact that both her breasts were on her left side. At first I thought of a Picasso perspective issue but the more I look at it I think that there is something else. I look at this card and I hear a whisper of a memory about how Amazons or some other female warriors would cut off one of their breasts to wear their armor better or to improve their aim with weapons. (Anyone know what I am thinking about here?) It even appears as if she is adorned with tribal tattoos.

This Queen of Wands is earthy and the garments of leaves and leather let us know this. I am look in to those eyes and just know she is a fit bride for a warrior king. She is not a pampered queen but a queen who can rule and take action. She finds no pleasure in the soft and the pretty. She cares only for the strong and the useful. Her crown is of horns and leafy camouflage not of silk, gold and jewels. She is both an asset and force in her kingdom.

While other Queens my nurture the young, she trains them. She stokes the passions and the strengths of the young warriors and accepts no excuses. As another queen as said she sends her men to battle with one admonishment, “Come back with your shield or on it.”
I remember reading some where that they have excavated burial sites that appear to be warrior women in Eurasia and some believe they may have cut off their right breast so it would not impede their use of a bow and arrow. In that same area from an earlier era they excavated burial sites of female priests that were mummified that had visible tattoos.

The DM Queen of Wands certainly looks like she can take care of herself!! :) I also think it is interesting that she is the only Wand to have a spearhead on her wand.

I've been studying RWS for so long that I'm having something of a hard time relating Wands to earth elements...I've always seen Pentacles in that light.

Cosmic Ray

janstar17 said:
I've been studying RWS for so long that I'm having something of a hard time relating Wands to earth elements...I've always seen Pentacles in that light.

I don't think elements were ever assigned to the suits in this deck, so I guess there is no need to try to relate to one? I think the intent was that wands were representative of the creative tribe depicted in the suit. If you wanted to see a RWS interpertation (fire), you could easily say that a desire for creativity burns with a passion here in the world of wands. Many of the tops of the wands have a fire-like bloom on top. There is fire in the 9, and the beautiful Ace holds a torch.

Passion that burns with a creative fire, thats my take.

Onyx, that Queen interpertation was so enlightening!

bumble bee

queen of wands

This Queens right side of her face is prominant while the left side is
dark and shrunken. The right eye is full of energy while the left is barely open. The right brain controls intuition. The right brain controls the left side of the body. If a person has a stroke on the left side of the brain the right side is affected. This queen has an active right brain which has caused excessive grown on the left side of her body. You cant even see her right leg! Is it there? Probably she seems to be leaning on it under her skirt.
Also the tip of her spear is powered by the light of the moon. Her hair looks like little feelers reaching out in the atmosphere to let her know whats out there. Is the disc she is standing on a reflection of the full moon?
She is totally about intuition and instinct. Not much logic here.
The way she is standing with her left hip to the side and left leg stuck out
shows she is aware of her sexual energy. Her mate would be fortunate
to recieve her passion but I would be cautious around that sharp wand.

janstar17

Cosmic Ray said:
I don't think elements were ever assigned to the suits in this deck, so I guess there is no need to try to relate to one? I think the intent was that wands were representative of the creative tribe depicted in the suit. If you wanted to see a RWS interpertation (fire), you could easily say that a desire for creativity burns with a passion here in the world of wands. Many of the tops of the wands have a fire-like bloom on top. There is fire in the 9, and the beautiful Ace holds a torch.

Passion that burns with a creative fire, thats my take.

Onyx, that Queen interpertation was so enlightening!
I can definitely see the creative fire/passion in this Queen. As Onyx pointed out she is so different from her other suit counterparts -- and my first impression going through each suit was how different she seemed from the rest of the suit. I have not spent enough time getting to know this deck though so first impressions may not be lasting in this case.

mac22

bumble bee said:
This Queens right side of her face is prominant while the left side is
dark and shrunken. The right eye is full of energy while the left is barely open. The right brain controls intuition. The right brain controls the left side of the body. If a person has a stroke on the left side of the brain the right side is affected. This queen has an active right brain which has caused excessive grown on the left side of her body. You cant even see her right leg! Is it there? Probably she seems to be leaning on it under her skirt.
Also the tip of her spear is powered by the light of the moon. Her hair looks like little feelers reaching out in the atmosphere to let her know whats out there. Is the disc she is standing on a reflection of the full moon?
She is totally about intuition and instinct. Not much logic here.
The way she is standing with her left hip to the side and left leg stuck out
shows she is aware of her sexual energy. Her mate would be fortunate
to recieve her passion but I would be cautious around that sharp wand.

I see similar insights in this card.....

Thanks.

Mac22

afrosaxon

The Queen of Wands stands in the moonlight, almost posing, like "Notice me!" :D She has four arms and both of her breasts are on the left side of her body, one stacked atop the other. The left side of her face is blue adn shows a partially closed eye while the right side of her face is white adn shows a wide-open eye. Her crown of standing leaves matches her skirt, which is drawn aside to leave her left leg bare (almost like she's enticing someone ;) ). Three of her arms are placed on her hips and left leg, while the fourth arm holds a spear. Behind her is the forest, full of naked trees...it could be wintertime. The Queen is solitary, yet comfortable in that solitude. She is Queen of all she surveys, even if it seems that what she surveys isn't much.

The breasts on the left: maternal/creative over the heart...that's where her heart lies: in the creation, in the nurturing. And, like most mothers, she will fight to the death to defend her "children", whether they be flesh-and-blood or projects/goals/dreams.

Most of her face is the white part, while only a smaller portion is the blue part (with the closed eye)--intuition usually requires that one closes your eyes, in a sense, and not rely on what is seen.

The four arms: four seasons, four points of the compass, four elements (earth, fire, air, water); the Fifth Element could be the energy created to take the composite of the other four and kick-start them into reality. Four is also a number of stability: this queen, for all her creative strives, is rather balanced...she has matured from the going-off-half-cocked energy of the Knight.

T.

magicjack

Deviant Moon - Queen of Wands

This is a sexy queen!

wolf354

Oh please.... look at her husband, afterwards read your post again...
(because the King of Wands is what she stands for or are you thinking about a divorce? lol!)
Best regards,

The Suit of Wands in the Deviant Moon Tarot has a sage green border and relates to the natural cycles of life. The court cards are all in a wooded forest setting. If you look at the trees in the background, you can see that they are all primarily bare of leaves but the Queen of Wands does seem to depict from of a late autumn season with the tiny little leaves you can see are a brown or dark red color. Like all the Courts cards in the deck the Court of Wands are on what looks to be round discs or moons.

She will not abide trivialities and fanciful distraction. The Fool is not the friend of the Queen. She knows whom she loves and loves them fiercely. She love and laughs with her full being and understands that the cycles of nature and of life allow and require seasons of all kinds.

If you cross this Queen she will pay back in kind and with interest. Spiteful and able correct any wrong done to her she will not plead her case to any man or court. She may use others for the revenge she seeks but it will be all her doing. Manipulation and deception are just as useful in the art of war as the charge and the thrown spear.

VioletEye

The right brain controls the left side of the body. If a person has a stroke on the left side of the brain the right side is affected. This queen has an active right brain which has caused excessive grown on the left side of her body. You cant even see her right leg! Is it there? Probably she seems to be leaning on it under her skirt.

this was what i immediately thought the first time i saw this card: she is the queen of creativity and action, driven by her right brain, and so the left side of her body is more developed and active. she's obviously left-handed, holding the spear in her left hand.
i also love what afrosaxon says about the left side being where the heart is, and her breasts nourishing her children -- because really, what is more literally creative than becoming a mother??

one other thing that i always notice is the way she's posed her hands: her far left hand is spread, showing all five fingers. on the next hand her thumb is hidden. the third hand over is the most interesting: it rests on her bare thigh, and her pinky and ring finger are folded up tightly into her palm, so she's flashing three fingers, like some kind of message. the last hand is wrapped around her spear, but she uses her pointer finger to follow the shaft upwards towards the spearhead, and towards the moon.
i don't know too much about numerology, but there could be something here!