Deviant Moon: 8 of Wands

Satori

VIII of Wands

A Moon creature is using a scythe to chop down a group of 8 well tended saplings. Above her head a blackbird flies with a letter in it's mouth.

I had to post about this card because recently I was shown some different ways of interpreting this card when reading.

It came up for me in a personal reading and seemed to say, "Stay off the computer, it is a distraction, you have work to do." Seeing this pop up in the reading for myself made me really laugh. I just cracked up. I felt like I had been caught with my hand in the cookie jar. It seemed to stand for distractions of all kinds....just keep focused, don't let anything pull you away from what you have to do was the admonishment.

Another time it came up for someone I was reading for. This individual has been writing a letter that they wanted to send out for a long time. The individual is obsessed with writing this letter, and wants to mail it out so badly, but doing so may be the end of his marriage.

It just was so surprising to see this card come up with such specificity to tell him....stay focused, even though you are thinking about the letter, stay focused. But it also showed how intensely he is really thinking about the letter, how much he wants to send it, and sadly how unable he is to stop thinking about it.

bumble bee

deviant moon 8 of wands

I think the woman is being self destructive and impulsive and acting in anger
perhaps waiting for a letter she thinks isnt coming. If only she was a little
more patient. Now she will destroy what she was nurturing.
Is that how you read it?

hopena

This is one of my favourite cards in the deck. :)

In a reading of my own, this morning, it represented impulsive actions of my own, that I regretted - one in which written correspondence was involved. (Not to say that being impulsive is always a bad thing - that was just one instance.)

I understand that this card can represent communication of some kind (i.e receiving news), so I like that it doesn't just feature eight wands flying through the air. I also thought that the woman looked a little ticked - she looks determined to get this over with. I hadn't thought that the letter carried by the bird, might be something she had been waiting for, only to grow impatient, resulting in a tantrum...

Surja76

Frankly speaking, 8 of wands is not good card for me. Specially for women.

Black crow with the massage. Crow is the symbol of death and something dark news.
The girl is in red skirt but with black breast and black apron.
Red skirt is the symbol of woman's menstruation.
Apron - a symbol of women, the feminine principle (it «closes» female genitalia), fertility. But apron is black. It means that this woman is sterile. She is not able to give birth to children. And she blames the Man in her problem.

Sharp Scythe is the element of woman's deconstructive energy. Wand is the element of constructive man's energy - phallus. She scythes phalluses on the field.
She hate this man who gave her pain in the past and all other men, she compares with that she has in her past.

8 of wands is the card of PEDOPHILIA, when the little girl raped by her father in the childhood, or other older man. When young girl had her first sexual experience with old man because of money or something else. This man gave her bad experience and she is not able to forget it.

To the question - "Will I marry any guy?"
This card replies - NOT.
This card means woman scares or avoid sexual relationships with men.

In its best meaning - 8 of wands means woman's hyperactivity, when we say "Hormones are playing". It is the card of headache before menstruation time. Or when the woman has a lack of sexual relationships and try to compensate them with any phisical work.

Sue it also means messages by e-mail and travellings by air.

sparkles

I've always interpreted this card as someone being in a not so great situation but the card is advising not to do anything rash or impulsive as something else is coming in that will either change your perspective or, with the dynamic nature of wands, will bring the opportunity to change the situation for the better.

zephyr_heart

I think the woman is just being too hasty, not considering the message that the crow-who just arrived at the scene-brought.

.traveller.

I see her harvesting her crop, clearing the field to prepare for the next stage. The colours are Autumn colours, you've done all you can and it is time to let the field go fallow.
The letter doesn't interest me so much, to date I've never seen this card represent news in a reading. If it did herald news, I would be inclined to think it's tidings were dire because of the blackbird.

kaushalyaandfrank

Deviant Moon - Eight of Wands

This one seems very similar to the traditional meaning, with the quick and decisive (yet hasty) action taken by the lady as well as the sudden arrival of important news by the bird.