Deviant Moon--IX of Pentacles

Sar

The woman is a pet. A kept woman. The dark side of some kind of independecy.

cronegoddess54

Deviant Moon IX Pentacles

I would like to bump this thread up if nobody minds.....really can't wait for the Companion Book to come out! I see that Patrick has not posted in awhile.....sure he is woking on this non stop so as to get this out very soon....to stick with the subject at hand...Does anyone else have a take on this card, IX Pentacles?
CG54

crazy raven

Curious, I searched the net and found the IX of Pentacles at this site
http://iceclone.wordpress.com/tag/9-of-pentacles/
this may also help others wanting to interpret this card.

Some thoughts at the moment.....

I see this woman as having an inner dignity that radiates out into her environment. I bet long walks by herself keep her happy. Her mind needs to explore and perhaps she does this through travel, business and education.

I think she has a strong inner life which few people are privledged to know. She could be one of life's natural entertainers. People cannot help but be attracted to her magnetic aura. It holds their interest and attention.

She gives the impression of an independent loner, but I don't think that's always the case. She's not one to passionately share her body. She loves in a different way....with service and her mind. This is why perhaps, she has no arms and hands. Arms and hands give us expression, we can hug, push, touch caress and love with them. Without them, to reach out, we'd have to use our minds and spirits to touch others. Without arms and hands it would be hard to balance. Perhaps that's why she has the wheel for one foot.....to keep her steady. I'm sure she has been handed situations which have caused her to lose her balance and sway between the extremes of life. I actually think the skull with wings helps her balance too.

This woman has learnt to cultivate balance and inner harmony and she has learned to channel it through her creative self expression. Perhaps her greatest challenge may be intimate relationships when a more emotional approach is demanded of her??

Is she more inclined to pursue an intellectual or spiritual life than emotional issues and personal feelings??

:)

cronegoddess54

Deviant Moon..IX Pentacles

Crazy Raven....I like what you have said about this card.....this makes sense....like the balance idea....CG54

Eeviee

She only has one foot, the other is a wheel... [...] No arms seemed to indicate someone who is unskilled, the mask as someone who is difficult to know or someone with secrets.

[...] her "pet" is on a leash. I think this creature has had to earn her gains - all the things that she has worked for, are the result of her hard work, hence her gains. [...]
The mask is because she can't show her true face - some things have cost too much and jaded her - the protection is useful and neccessary - the gains have come from experience and some of them less than enjoyable. [...]

The lack of limbs reminds me of a "cost" or a price she's paid to get to where she is. I really resonate with @callistonunla's "some things have cost too much" statement...

[...]but when you really start to look what is wealth anyway? You can be dressed in the finest clothes and still not have your health. No arms, missing leg, chain of 'death' around you. Money cannot another single minute make when it comes to life and death. Yes, look at the pentacles some upright, some reversed. I think this is a card to remind one that if you only toil for wealth you may have a big surprise coming...my 2 cents..
CG

Re: @cronegoddess54's statement "what is wealth anyway?"
-She lacks limbs, wears a mask, and her only company is a "pet". Yes, she is wealthy, but how much has she lost to achieve this wealth? -Limbs, identity, friends, family, lovers... She has monetary success, but at what cost? Her companion is bound to her by force, not by will. (Of course, she also has no hands, so perhaps the chain is completely necessary!)

kaushalyaandfrank

I think this creature has had to earn her gains - all the things that she has worked for, are the result of her hard work, hence her gains. The pentacles in the sky look like they have been hung up or tacked up at different times (they are all different) like medals or trophies in yours or my cabinet.

The mask is because she can't show her true face - some things have cost too much and jaded her - the protection is useful and neccessary - the gains have come from experience and some of them less than enjoyable. So yes, manipulation is not a stranger to her.

I look forward to more opinions/feedback.

Very good, this sounds right! And also the later comments made by others, such as not needing arms since she doesn't have to work - superb!