Is This Legal?

Enchanted Luna

What was the end result?

Hi there...I realize this thread is a bit old, but after reading through the whole thing, and in light of the recent problems that Baba Studio are facing in regards to copyright issues, I wondered what the end result of all this was? I'm looking at Visual Tarot website right now and see the BBC on the main page, and in the decks list I see Legacy of the Divine, Gilded and Bohemian Gothic (along with loads of other decks). Did the creators of this program receive permission from the appropriate authors? Sorry, I tried searching to see if I could find an ending to this topic, and I apologize if I missed it. :)

gregory

No they did not. I didn't know MRP decks were up there again.... or Cirom's. The site owner just send abusive emails to anyone who complains. :(

baba-prague

gregory said:
No they did not. I didn't know MRP decks were up there again.... or Cirom's. The site owner just send abusive emails to anyone who complains. :(

Oh ****. We did get our decks removed. Looks like he put them up again. He just steals stuff - he does not get permission or pay licensing. He's really, really dodgy - and that's putting it the nicest way I can. I assume that buying the software would be hazardous - goodness knows what he's built into it. http://newsletter.tarotstudies.org/2009/06/visual-tarot-program-scam/

I won't say more in public. But we are not ignoring this.

Enchanted Luna

Ahhh ok. When the thread died, I wondered if I missed a happy ending to the issue (meaning all appropriate permissions were received), but it just seemed odd, so I googled his name and found it.

The site itself is so sketchy, especially with all the really fake "awards" and banners at the bottom. Designed to lull you into thinking that the site is safe and legit. I particularly like the little cnet one on the bottom. Anyone can stick those on a site. Typical stock photos throughout - the whole thing sends warning bells a-ringing.

I like to be able to hold and feel my cards, so a program like this is of no interest to me, but I sure as he*l would tell everyone and anyone to stay as far away from this as possible.

Best of luck to you!

irisa

It's no longer just decks either there's now a stack of Ebooks (free with membership) a Ricklef and a few Greer's amongst others although I can't imagine how bad they are (if they're typed up like the card data) considering the dislike and casual use of English.

irisa :)

Minotauro

*evil thread necromancy*

just bring it back because I almost downloaded , good thing I always search for reviews XD haha

so all other newbs are aware :)

tarotmama

Oh geez. Just noticed my Lenormand up there.

Please no one buy this product. I feel all icky now.

gregory

As far as I know, they don't HAVE any of this stuff; they just takes your money. Though I could be wrong.

SkadisPhoenix

OK, so I wasn't keen on orphalese, so I've not bothered looking at other programmes. However, this has absolutely disgusted me. I've been trying to get a deck created myself, but things like this make me not want to do it, the work that goes into decks is amazing, I am in awe of the people who publish their decks for us, and eternally grateful, and that somebody is being this rude and disrespectful? It's just wrong, and I sincerely hope that karma bites him in the rear end, and I don't say that often!

I agree, this product should be well and truly boycotted, and good luck with any further action people are going to be taking!

tarotmama

As far as I know, they don't HAVE any of this stuff; they just takes your money. Though I could be wrong.

Ok good. Wish I could make a living like that! :D