Aeclectic Tarot
Tarot Cards & Reviews Live Tarot Readings Tarot Card Meanings Forum Archive

"Defacing" Decks

> Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Tarot > Tarot Decks

Resident

{k} 
Resident

ehm, you guys talking about the 10 of wands guy in the world spirit tarot made me curious. when i googled it, all i found was this:
http://www.ata-tarot.com/images/10_wands.jpg

no nudity there. am i missing something? is there another world spirit deck?

kat
Top   #31
student of tarot

rwcarter 
student of tarot

It's the 10 Pentacles not 10 Wands.

Rodney
Top   #32
Resident

{k} 
Resident

oh, ok, that makes much more sense!

thanks rodney!
Top   #33
Citizen

AJ 
Citizen

too funny, looks like he is keeping his heel warm. Or advertising at the local bazaar and not getting many takers. Actually those look like little kids, not shoppers...eeugh.
Top   #34
Citizen

grailmaiden 
Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by sapienza
I'll upload some scans if I get a chance this weekend, if anyone is even vaguely interested
Yes, IŽd like to see the scans. What did you use to draw on the cards and how did it wear?
Top   #35
Lunatic Fringe

shamoness 
Lunatic Fringe

A different defacing

When I read the title of this thread I had a completely different concept of what "defacing" meant. I can understand what folks here are doing but my "defacing" was very different. I hated my Universal Waite and my Radient Waite. So I distressed them with a small sanding block. Then I stained them with walnut dye. I distressed the edges as well and let the dye seep in. So I have a really cool looking deck that I love. It looks old and well used. I is twice the size, in height, as it was originally. I enjoyed "making" it very much. I really only use it for myself but when others see it they always like it. I've been asked to make a few for friends who read. It really was fun.

I also added eyes to my Sacred Rose like someone else on this thread mentioned. It made the deck usable for me. Those blank eyes really creeped me out!
Top   #36
Citizen

Briar Rose 
Citizen

[QUOTE=lark]
>Put a banana sticker on the Lovers guy in the Robin Wood deck...but took it off when I came home...his manliness was bothering a client so I covered it up with what was avaliable QUOTE]

Sorry for being so late with a comment, and I hope you see this Lark. I have learned the new word for 'his manliness' is now called his junk! Ha! I love that.
Top   #37
Citizen

sapienza 
Citizen

My 'modified' Robin Wood deck :)

Hi. For those interested, I have now scanned some cards from my 'defaced' Robin Wood deck. Actually scanning them made me feel slightly nuts to think how much effort I'd gone to for what may seem like pretty small changes.... but it did really change the feel of the deck for me.

The first and second images are majors where I've changed hair colour, the third is majors without changes, except for the Hierophant, I tried to make him look a little less grumpy! The fourth is Courts where I've changed hair colour and the last is minors with hair changed. I had to scan at a fairly low resolution but it should give the general idea. I LOVE the way the borders turned out, irrespective of the hair colouring. I just love black borders and think it makes the colours so much brighter.

I used a fine brown permanent marker for the hair. The borders were quite tricky. I used a black permanent marker. But if you just use a ruler and a marker then the ink will bleed under the ruler (see my ten of cups- bottom right corner as an example). I worked out that if you use a ruler and a fine marker and draw a line along each side of the image, then let it dry, and then when you use a ruler as a guide with a fat permanent marker to 'colour in' the border it won't bleed. Still need to be very careful when lifting up the ruler. Oh, and the majors were extra tricky because of the title banners. At first the borders were a really shiny black and it didn't look so great, but with some use the shine has worn off and they are much better. The ink did bleed slightly onto the backs of the cards but overall it has worked well and became a useable deck for me compared to an irritating one that I never used. I'm sure some people will think I'm crazy (probably with good reason ) but it worked for me, even though I don't use it now at all.

Oh, my copy was also an older copy so the card stock was far less glossy than the new editions, which probably helped a lot.
Attached Images

Top   #38
student of tarot

rwcarter 
student of tarot

The images really do pop against the black border!

I'm about 50/50 on the hair coloring though - some of the images I like a lot and others don't do a whole lot for me.

Thanks for sharing.

Rodney
Top   #39
Citizen

sapienza 
Citizen

Yes, sometimes I think the hair colouring was really a bit of madness in some ways. I just couldn't work with the 'blondeness' of the deck and had to try SOMETHING. It worked really well for me, but I can understand it would be quite unnecessary for a more balanced individual
Top   #40

Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Forum Archive
Aeclectic Tarot Forum Links
· Tarot
· Tarot Special Interest
· Beyond Tarot
· Forum Library

Aeclectic Tarot Categories
· Angel Decks
· Dark & Gothic Decks
· Goddess Decks
· Fairy Decks
· Doreen Virtue Decks
· Beginner Decks
· Cat Decks
· Pagan & Wiccan Decks
· Ancient Egyptian Decks
· Celtic Decks
· Lenormand Decks
· Rider-Waite Decks
· Marseilles Decks
· Thoth Decks
· Oracle Decks
· List All Decks
· Popular Tarot Decks
· Available Decks
· Tarot Books
· What's New

The Aeclectic Tarot Forum closed permanently on July 14th, 2017. The public threads remain online as a read-only archive and resource. More information on our decision can be found here. Thank you for being a part of our active community over the past seventeen years.

Copyright © 1996 - 2017 Aeclectic Tarot. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Contact us.