Thoth Question

Ruby Jewel

I see no need to defend C. G. Jung. His accomplishments speak for him. When one has equaled his achievements, their criticism will be of some significance, and hopefully, it will be authenticated by examples.

Richard

I see no need to defend C. G. Jung. His accomplishments speak for him. When one has equaled his achievements, their criticism will be of some significance, and hopefully, it will be authenticated by examples.

I don't believe anyone is criticizing Jung himself. However, his name is used to justify all sorts of New Age crap. It is unfortunate that the misuse of his name has caused Zephyros to be "sick of him already" before having read any if his works, but I don't think Z meant for that remark to be taken literally as a direct criticism of Jung.

Ruby Jewel

I don't believe anyone is criticizing Jung himself. However, his name is used to justify all sorts of New Age crap. It is unfortunate that the misuse of his name has caused Zephyros to be "sick of him already" before having read any if his works, but I don't think Z meant for that remark to be taken literally as a direct criticism of Jung.

Okay...I'm not good at catching onto jokes....having been raised on a cotton farm with a bunch of farm hands, I decided jokes were usually either dirty or at the expense of someone....so I decided against them at an early age. Some make me roll on the floor in a fit of laughter though....if they are actually funny.