Aeclectic Tarot
Tarot Cards & Reviews Live Tarot Readings Tarot Card Meanings Forum Archive

"Dark" decks

> Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Tarot > Tarot Decks

Citizen

scorpiana 
Citizen
Question "Dark" decks

i find that i am wanting a "darker" deck for my collection..some of the people i read for have personalities and questions that might respond well to a deck that explores some serious questions and has a more macabre or melancholy feel to it..i have been checking up on some listed here under the "dark/gothic" heading, but have a rough time with decks i have only seen online..i am a touchy feely person!

please advise- i have pneumonia and have been home in bed for a couple days and i am running out of things to do.
Top   #1
Citizen

petegrey 
Citizen

I recently got the Gothic (Vargo) deck and immediately connected with it, and I mean immediately. Fantastic art and seems really well constructed. It like, wanted to jump into my hands and be used right out of the box. Another thing I like about it is it introduces a spread called the Mystic 7 that I found I really like.

I also really like my Guardian deck, but I have not read with it yet.
Top   #2
Citizen

blackstormhawk 
Citizen

It doesn't get much darker than the H.R. Giger Tarot, but it only consists of majors, no minors.

There's a whole list here.
Top   #3
Citizen

petegrey 
Citizen

Thats funny, I am very anxiously waiting for a Giger tarot myself! Just did a trade this week!
Top   #4
Citizen

petegrey 
Citizen

Thats funny, I am very anxiously waiting for a Giger tarot myself! Just did a trade this week!
Top   #5
Citizen

blackstormhawk 
Citizen

I just got one too, and I'm totally jazzed on it.

Actually, I got TWO.

Who expects to win two ebay auctions on relatively low bids?? Certainly not me. One of them is the US edition, the other is the German edition. I'm still trying to decide whether or not I should break the shrinkwrap on the german one. (My US set had been opened and is missing the poster, which I didn't consider a big deal. I got it for gawking, not collecting or resale.
Top   #6
Citizen

a_shikhs 
Citizen

I love dark decks. I have the Gothic Tarot by Vargo And the Archeon tarot. I find both very dark and gothic and mystical. Both of them are beautiful and very accurate and my favourite reading decks for personal questions.
Top   #7
Citizen

shadowdancer 
Citizen

I too am being drawn towards this genre which has surprised me.

I traded away a Gothic Vampires a couple of years ago and now want to buy one back.

I support the comments re the Gothic by Vargo. It is awesome. The deck I purchased has "PERSONAL OR SELF READINGS ONLY" invisibly stamped and I know it is mine, and mine alone.

I have got another deck coming for my collection though (again won for a ridiculously low amount on e-bay)

Am sort of wanting the Crow's Magic but am holding off as I need to be a bit more restrained with spending for now

Davina
Top   #8
Citizen

seneris 
Citizen

I actually have two copies of the Gothic Tarot (Joseph Vargo). You can use that deck along with Madame Endora's Fortune Cards, which adds more depth to readings.
Top   #9
Citizen

a_shikhs 
Citizen

I totally forgot about Madame Endora. This deck is still highly on my wishlist and it looks awesome.
Top   #10

Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Forum Archive
Aeclectic Tarot Forum Links
· Tarot
· Tarot Special Interest
· Beyond Tarot
· Forum Library

Aeclectic Tarot Categories
· Angel Decks
· Dark & Gothic Decks
· Goddess Decks
· Fairy Decks
· Doreen Virtue Decks
· Beginner Decks
· Cat Decks
· Pagan & Wiccan Decks
· Ancient Egyptian Decks
· Celtic Decks
· Lenormand Decks
· Rider-Waite Decks
· Marseilles Decks
· Thoth Decks
· Oracle Decks
· List All Decks
· Popular Tarot Decks
· Available Decks
· Tarot Books
· What's New

The Aeclectic Tarot Forum closed permanently on July 14th, 2017. The public threads remain online as a read-only archive and resource. More information on our decision can be found here. Thank you for being a part of our active community over the past seventeen years.

Copyright © 1996 - 2017 Aeclectic Tarot. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Contact us.