5 swords in prevailing/ victory?

olivia1

I asked the cards if my representative will prevail in attaining my objective and I got 5 swords. What does that mean to you? I'm not sure if it means the advantage is in his favor? If he will prevail at all cost? Or does it mean the system is set against us and the other side will play dirty. Can anyone help me understand what this card means in this instance? Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

CrystalSeas

It is so difficult to get Tarot cards to give a clear yes/no answer. I've started using a pendulum instead, since it's meant for that purpose.

Some people make a list of all 78 cards and assign each one to 'yes' or 'no'. I've tried that and, as usual, the cards don't seem to always be either positive or negative.

In this case the 5 of Swords could mean "Yes, s/he will prevail" because the 'winner' is collecting all the swords. Or it might mean "No, s/he will not prevail" because the other people are walking away having lost their swords.

It all depends on whether you see the 'winner' as your representative or as the entity you're fighting

olivia1

I honestly have no clue @crystalseas

Five of swords is a card I never really understood. In my readings, sometimes it means the sitter is going to get screwed. sometimes it's the sitter who turns out to be the one up to something. It's def not my favorite card. I find it one of the harder cards to understand

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

rwcarter

Moderator Note

olivia1,

Did you do a one-card reading on this question? If so, this thread needs to be moved to Your Readings where complete readings of any number of cards (one through the whole deck) are discussed. If not, the other cards in the reading should help you to determine whether the main character in the 5S is your representative or the system.

olivia1

olivia1,

Did you do a one-card reading on this question? If so, this thread needs to be moved to Your Readings where complete readings of any number of cards (one through the whole deck) are discussed. If not, the other cards in the reading should help you to determine whether the main character in the 5S is your representative or the system.

Hello. No it was three cards. The 5 swords was the first card so it stood out. How would I be able to tell who it is? By physical characteristics?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nisaba

I asked the cards if my representative will prevail in attaining my objective and I got 5 swords.

It is so difficult to get Tarot cards to give a clear yes/no answer. I've started using a pendulum instead, since it's meant for that purpose.

I second that! <applause>

In this case the 5 of Swords could mean "Yes, s/he will prevail" because the 'winner' is collecting all the swords. Or it might mean "No, s/he will not prevail" because the other people are walking away having lost their swords.

Or it could mean "No, they will not prevail because the other people are collecting all the swords" or "yes they will because you are walking away without the burden of weapons".

I tend to see it as a more abstract answer to the question. As you've already said, Tarot isn't suited to yes/no questions. I find it likes to chat about the circumstances surrounding it, not give a one-word answer. So to me, this card (and I assume we're all on the RW-type page here), tells me that there is a lot of negative thingking in the whole situation. You'd do well to question whether it's even worth going ahead, given that winning is by no means certain but what is really certain is that it's going to make you feel negative.

olivia1

I second that!

Or it could mean "No, they will not prevail because the other people are collecting all the swords" or "yes they will because you are walking away without the burden of weapons".

I tend to see it as a more abstract answer to the question. As you've already said, Tarot isn't suited to yes/no questions. I find it likes to chat about the circumstances surrounding it, not give a one-word answer. So to me, this card (and I assume we're all on the RW-type page here), tells me that there is a lot of negative thingking in the whole situation. You'd do well to question whether it's even worth going ahead, given that winning is by no means certain but what is really certain is that it's going to make you feel negative.

Thank you. That's an interesting way to look at it. I will go ahead because I'd feel worse letting it go. I'm in the right so I refuse to back down. People sometimes say using a pendulum is better than tarot when asking yes or no questions but in my case it isn't. Sadly. I've tried different pendulums and Was crap at using them all. I had a friend who got accurate answers using a pendulum but for me, tarot is more reliable. I'd say doing yes or no with tarot, I've had about 70 percent accuracy.

With a pendulum I'm probably at .02? I know I'm rarely ever right using them. This is an example of how awful I am with them. A friend (I mentioned above )and I went to a metaphysical shop to try out different pendulums. We had the shopkeeper ask us yes or no questions that we would not know the answer to. We both did about seven questions. She got all seven right . I only got one correct. I don't like using pendulums as a result . Though I did blow about $150 on pendulums that day hoping if I charged or cleaned them they'd work for me.

nisaba

With a pendulum I'm probably at .02?

Well, that's an astonishing level of "accuracy". compeltely random is 50%. If you're running at .02%, then ask your questions, and when you get a yes, take it as a no, and when you get a no take it as a yes, and you'll be right all the time!

olivia1

Well, that's an astonishing level of "accuracy". compeltely random is 50%. If you're running at .02%, then ask your questions, and when you get a yes, take it as a no, and when you get a no take it as a yes, and you'll be right all the time!

Oh that's me trying to say I'm rarely right. I was trying to say I was right maybe 2 percent of the time or less. I'm not good at math so I probably messed that up. I'm just not using pendulums. They're not worth the hassle.

I even asked the damned things to show me which way is a yes and which is a no and even after " listening" to it tell me how it " wants" to communicate, I was still wrong.
Maybe I need a pendulum class?

But anyway yeah tarot does tend to give more than a simple yes or no. It tends to give me a yes or a no with added information . But when it throws me off, it really throws me off

CrystalSeas

I was trying to say I was right maybe 2 percent of the time or less.

There used to be a local movie critic who reviewed every movie the day it opened in our town.

I would read the review. If he hated the movie, I knew I'd probably like it. If he loved the movie, I knew I could safely skip it.

If you are that consistent with a pendulum, you've got amazing accuracy!! Stunning, as a matter of fact.

As nisaba said, use the pendulum. If it says yes, then there's a 98% chance the answer is "no". If it says no, then there's a 98% chance the answer is "yes".

Just like my movie critic, assume that, for you, the answer is the opposite.

Being that good with a pendulum is simply stunning.