Knight of Pentacles, a respectable front?

.traveller.

Would it be safe to assume that if someone shows up as the Page of Wands, that the energy of the Knight of Pentacles would manifest as someone putting on a respectable front? The Page is excitable and enthused but the Knight puts a lid on actually showing any of that enthusiasm?

Or would it show that the Page's interest has waned?

Since I am working with reversals, I don't think the ED attributions apply and I rarely if ever read with elements any more now that I think of it.

The two cards just make me think of someone trying really hard to appear mature and respectable... is this so far off?

Thirteen

.traveller. said:
The two cards just make me think of someone trying really hard to appear mature and respectable... is this so far off?
I would certainly agree that the progression from Page to Knight and Wands to Pents shows an attempt at growing up, being more mature, more serious, especially about work and commitment. And, yes, the Page/Wands can be too full of energy and likely to not look before he leaps.

It's possible that after learning a lesson from that, he might become the more sedate and careful Knight/Pents.

.traveller.

So good for work and not for a relationship?

Might this show someone who has already been burned and now twice shy?

Just trying to wrap my head around the possibilities.

Belladonna

I wouldn't say that. To me the Kn of Pents indicates someone with a down to earth approach. They are practical. Sure, they may not be the most romantic or exciting partner in love, but they can represent people who are willing to act, not just say or feel. Someone who is willing to take the next step maybe.

Hannafate

I would read the pairing of these cards as someone who still has youthful enthusiasm, but is mature enough to be practical about their ideas. It's a good combination. This would be the sort of person who can get things done.

.traveller.

That is reassuring :)
I'm usually okay with courts but lately, all I have been pulling is courts and it is driving me a little batty. :confused:

Hannafate

If you are getting a lot of court cards, it may be that actions of other people are affecting you more than usual.

.traveller.

Hannafate said:
If you are getting a lot of court cards, it may be that actions of other people are affecting you more than usual.

hmm... You know I have heard of that before in relation to playing cards. It didn't occur to me that it might be the same for tarot. I've been pulling two to three court cards in an average three card draw, this has been going on for about a month now. If it is a larger spread, I get even more courts.