Three of Wands in love?

Girl Archer

"LIKE" wish I could write like this...(what I was going to write)will make initial investment and see if it pays off, will walk away if it does not.

Wow, that is harsh! Does that not seem a bit heartless?

starrystarrynight

I don't think what Pamuya wrote is heartless. I see the Three of Wands guy as someone who, too, is looking for opportunities--i.e. he's out there looking just the same way you are looking. If there are no opportunities on his current horizon, he'll look elsewhere. In other words, he's not the type to just give up if something doesn't come along the first minute. He is intent upon building something (via the following Four of Wands) that he can have reason to celebrate over. I would think of that as a positive trait!

Thirteen

Not Heartless--the right thing to do

Wow, that is harsh! Does that not seem a bit heartless?
You don't do the same? Look, you find a guy, you make an "initial" investment--go on a date. The date doesn't pay off. You don't get what you want from him whatever that is, be it romance or sex or a connection or just a good time.

Do you invest more or do you walk away? Why waste time on someone if there's no chemistry and doesn't look like there's going to be? And are you doing them any favors by keeping this truth from them? Seems to me it'd be more heartless and cruel to lead them on, to be "nice," go on more dates, and let them think there's more to your relationship or that it's going well when it's not. The more you give them, the "nicer" you are, the harder and more hurtful the truth will be when you finally get around to admitting it.

It may not be "nice" to move on if an initial relationship investment doesn't pay off, but it's far kinder, honest and realistic than dragging it out and making it even more of a hurtful mess because you don't want to be "harsh."

SA12

I agree with Thirteen -- this is what I was trying to get at in my initial post. I've had this card turn up in spreads and usually it means one of the parties in the relationship is pondering whether the grass is greener with someone else, or if they should keep waiting for that proverbial ship to come in with the current partner.

Girl Archer

You are right. We do the same too, except I was not always like this. Earlier I have tried to be nice and ended up hurting myself and others, even if only unintentionally. So, I guess it is in a way, a sensible thing to do and hence, a positive trait of the card.

Jai1216

The 3 of Wands, IMO, has always stood for a long-distance affair.

If the 2 ppl are not separated by distance, then it has often come up for me when the couple is just seeing where things go, with no huge expectations. 3W is not a card of exclusive commitment.

poppiesrossi

I had a long distance relationship, separated by an ocean and this card came up almost always. 3 of wands can indicate a long distance relationship.. not only physically but also emotionally. One of the person is on the fence. Not totally committed to the idea and watches from afar. It could be that the person is looking for better opportunities or whatever energy the the person invested comes back. There is energy there but there is also separation of some sort. I have also seen it when there is some sort of a threesome, there's someone else in the partnership, another entity that hampers it in someway [doesn't always have to be another lover].

I still get this card to the that relationship 9 months later. We are no longer communicating but still that pull to each other, I feel it. Anyways, I see this card as love from a far, physically, mentally and even emotionally. I also associate it with longing. To me, personally, the three of wands means exactly that.

willowfox

***3 wands will you make a score?

queenxofxwands

I think the 3 of wands wants an open relationship, or a no strings attached type, so he can have one eye on something else that comes along. He likes to keep his options open .

nisaba

Or perhaps the figure in the card is nothing as small as a human. Often it overlooks a fleet of boats - I often see it as a protective spiritual presence overlooking us helpless little humans. From that perspective, does the card talk about the situation you're reading for at all?