Strength and 8 of Cups message

samantha

I have about three days to decide if I go away with my SO for an 8 day holiday. (A kind of working holiday for him) Although the location sounds idyllic in itself (South Pacific ) I had some reservations (weather at this time of year, bad reviews of resort where he is staying)

Using Kats Golden Tarot I drew some cards as to what I might expect if I stayed home, and some for how the holiday destination would be.

What could I expect if I went away ? Strength

Expand on what the strength card means here ? 8 of cups

Strength : I usually see this card as an indication that some kind of trial or gritting of the teeth are in order.
When I first drew it I thought that it showed that my reservations were warranted : I would have to overcome some tribulations -relating perhaps to climate or accommodation or ......
However, not being 100% I asked the next question :

8 of cups : Hmm, another 8. Is this reiterating the fact that I would want to turn my back on the vacation/experience and set off elsewhere else (most likely back home ?) in search of better OR, should I read Strength as me facing my fears....getting to grips with and overcoming worries....going there, exploring the new environment (and the 8 of cups does include that element of exploration).....and as a result feeling more fulfilled ?

From an interpretation POV I am more taken with the second, but it just sounds too good to be true - I can't get these reservations out of my head ! Objective takes most welcome :)

samantha

Update

In the end I decided to go. I had one day when I was fed up (kind of related to the environment) but for the majority of the time I enjoyed myself; a very beautiful part of the world, not as humid as I can be used to :) and much much nicer accommodation than I had expected. Also a chance to catch up with people I haven't seen for a year. So, it seems as though the interpretation which I favoured but couldn't quite believe was on point after all.

Grizabella

Wow, I can't believe you first posted this two weeks ago and got no responses. I didn't see the thread till just now.

I'm very glad you found that you had a very nice experience after all. I think sometimes the Strength card can mean we're going to experience something that will make us stronger and more self-assured in the end if we just go through whatever it is, which it could very well have meant in this case. The 8 of Cups was telling you that this would be the case. If you faced the concerns about the negative things you might find there, then you'd be stronger in the future when faced with similar challenges and doubts. :)

Pique Dame

8 of Cups is a definite expanding of horizons. I see Strength as a positive card, as Grizabella described. The fact that both cards are numbered 8 and that's the same amount of days you were planning to be gone, it seems a clear message to go on the trip. I'm glad to hear you did!

samantha

Lol. Coming on from that didn't expect any replies to the update ....so sorry for the delay.

Wow, I can't believe you first posted this two weeks ago and got no responses. I didn't see the thread till just now.

I'm very glad you found that you had a very nice experience after all. I think sometimes the Strength card can mean we're going to experience something that will make us stronger and more self-assured in the end if we just go through whatever it is, which it could very well have meant in this case. The 8 of Cups was telling you that this would be the case. If you faced the concerns about the negative things you might find there, then you'd be stronger in the future when faced with similar challenges and doubts. :)

Thanks, yes this was my interpretation too; gritting your teeth can pay dividends. From a personal POV less sure about Longer term benefits of the Strength card - I can see it as applicable to the card itself, but think I would still hesitate if faced with the same scenario in the future. I'm overly cautious when it comes to health/well being :rolleyes:

samantha

8 of Cups is a definite expanding of horizons. I see Strength as a positive card, as Grizabella described. The fact that both cards are numbered 8 and that's the same amount of days you were planning to be gone, it seems a clear message to go on the trip. I'm glad to hear you did!

Thankyou. I noticed the double 8 but failed to connect it to the time away - so well spotted :thumbsup: