Does the 2 of Cups really foretell love?

elena_jaymz

Hi everyone, in a recent reading I pulled the 2 of Cups as the type of person I'm attracting, so I thought that it could point to a man really suitable for me in terms of love.. But does this card really refer to a new romance in the air? Actually I don't see such a chance in my life at the moment.

What does this card mean to you?
Thanks.

Barleywine

As always, I take a more nuanced view of the 2 of Cups. "Unconditional Love" is probably the simplest way to look at it. I can see it as any reciprocal connection that is emotionally charged and mutually beneficial. The key is that it's a "one-on-one" scenario that is fairly uncomplicated at the beginning, and indicates "complete harmony." As with all the Twos and their "back-and-forth" dynamic, it can eventually work into a rut and become claustrophobic. Joseph Maxwell is careful to point out that the TdM 2 of Cups has an element of "Three-ness" in its ornamentation that symbolizes "an intelligence which correctly evaluates the transience of earthly joys." The Twos are also said to imply a choice, but the 2 of Cups is probably the easiest choice to "fall right into" with little deliberation: it just "feels right."

Awkward.turtle91

For me sometimes th two of cups can represent platonic friendships, it depends what other cards are around it.

But I've had two of cups before where it's meant someone's come up to me I haven't seen in ages and simply said hello to me šŸ˜Š

Laurelle

Two of Cups can also mean "commerce, exchange, healing, good friends."

I had it come up for me personally between what would happen between me and a gay male friend of mine. So love was not in the air for us, just a deep friendship.

Ruby Jewel

Hi everyone, in a recent reading I pulled the 2 of Cups as the type of person I'm attracting, so I thought that it could point to a man really suitable for me in terms of love.. But does this card really refer to a new romance in the air? Actually I don't see such a chance in my life at the moment.

What does this card mean to you?
Thanks.

As to the type of person you are attracting, it says that this is you and what you are looking for.....a mate. The card celebrates a partnership. Friendship is inherent in both love and a partnership. For me it is the soul mate card....you are looking for your soul mate.

elena_jaymz

Hi Barleywine, thanks for your help.
As always, I take a more nuanced view of the 2 of Cups. "Unconditional Love" is probably the simplest way to look at it. I can see it as any reciprocal connection that is emotionally charged and mutually beneficial. The key is that it's a "one-on-one" scenario that is fairly uncomplicated at the beginning, and indicates "complete harmony."
I see it in the same way as you, actually it can point to anything with the features you mentioned, "complete harmony" is the key.

As with all the Twos and their "back-and-forth" dynamic, it can eventually work into a rut and become claustrophobic.
Yes, it can happen.

Joseph Maxwell is careful to point out that the TdM 2 of Cups has an element of "Three-ness" in its ornamentation that symbolizes "an intelligence which correctly evaluates the transience of earthly joys." The Twos are also said to imply a choice, but the 2 of Cups is probably the easiest choice to "fall right into" with little deliberation: it just "feels right."
I agree, thanks!

elena_jaymz

For me sometimes th two of cups can represent platonic friendships, it depends what other cards are around it.
Hi, thanks! Yes, it can also refer to platonic friendships.

But I've had two of cups before where it's meant someone's come up to me I haven't seen in ages and simply said hello to me šŸ˜Š
Thanks for sharing this experience, I didn't think it could point to this also, thanks!

elena_jaymz

Two of Cups can also mean "commerce, exchange, healing, good friends."

I had it come up for me personally between what would happen between me and a gay male friend of mine. So love was not in the air for us, just a deep friendship.

Thanks Laurelle, yes, this card can point to friendship as well. Once I got it to tell me, to assure that what I'm studying at the university it's the right path for me, indeed I love it.

elena_jaymz

As to the type of person you are attracting, it says that this is you and what you are looking for.....a mate. The card celebrates a partnership. Friendship is inherent in both love and a partnership. For me it is the soul mate card....you are looking for your soul mate.

Hi Ruby Jewel, thanks for your insights! That's true, I'm looking for my soulmate, a person really suitable for me.

NorthernLight

Like others, I would look at it in a wider context - could mean new romantic love but also a really deep friendship, or any kind of deep connection that resonates with your emotions to your soul. My cards stress that there's a balance between spirit and desire (in a sexual sense) in this card so it can be a loving connection on different levels.