8 of Cups as Intentions

Leviosa

I think of a rebound in a somewhat different way than what I think you mean. I think maybe, though, that it could be sort of the same thing. Kind of a Ms. Right vs a Mz Right-Now. This person might just see you as someone near that's a sure thing to fill the gap left by someone else. They know how hard you tried to make it work so they think you're the most likely person they can fill that gap with without going through the process they'd have to go through with someone now.

This doesn't sound like a far fetched possibility. I suppose this is a matter where only time will tell. Thank you for your ideas Grizabella.

nisaba

Someone has come back into my life and there is a long history between us. I got 8 of cups as their intentions.

I thought it might mean that J intends to "see how this goes" as they are in search of something more than what they had (turning the 8 cups into 9). No set plans really.

Does this card as an intention seem troubling to you?

Yeah. I'd see them as already having made up their minds that if it doesn't go well they'll just walk away.

headincloud

Discontent and moving on, possibly from where he is at this moment in time. He may be dissatisfied with the relationship as it stands currently and the movement may be towards you rather than away from.

Leviosa

Discontent and moving on, possibly from where he is at this moment in time. He may be dissatisfied with the relationship as it stands currently and the movement may be towards you rather than away from.

This is very possible as well. Exploring how to work things out. I don't suppose there is another card which would convey such a message as well?