Recurrent Moon rx as how he feels about me.

starlightsunshine

I keep getting moon reversed as to how he feels about me.
In the other thread I saw people suggesting it can indicate mental illnesses, but how would this apply for my situation? We have strong feelings for each other but neither of us has the guts to approach and resolve the issue since our history isn't exactly pretty..

Could it mean that he feels he knows what im exactly about and is over me?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nemia

Moon - I often call this card Night to separate it better from the Moon who rules the High Priestess. So for me, the Moon means illusions, nightmares, fears, creatures of the night, dreams, darkness, visions, inspiration... a wild and crazy mix, but crazy not in the medical sense.

I don't mix up medical diagnosis in my readings because I don't meddle in what I don't know. People study for 10 years to be able to diagnoze mental illnesses, so to do the same using one card is for me irresponsible. Only my 50 agorot. So I wouldn't go for that angle at all. I might go with Freud and call the Moon our unconscious, the unexplored parts of our minds where we push what is unpleasant, if a reading asks about mental health issues. But here we talk about feelings, not an analysis of the mind.

So what he feels for you: if it was simply non-reversed Moon, it belonged to the world of the night, between a dream and a nightmare, this heavy feeling when you want to wake up but can't. Yet. You know you will sooner or later.

And what does the reversed Moon mean? I like Benebell Wen's acronym for reversals: WIND.
W: it might be a weakened form of the Moon, less bewildering, closer to waking up.
I: the whole thing might be inversed, i.e., it might be that the tarot tells you how he makes you feel.
N: the negative energies of the card (which is already quite dark in my interpretation) comes to the fore - so more nightmare than dream.
D: delayed - doesn't apply here.

I don't think even the weakened Moon might mean that he's over you. I get from the reversed Moon confusion and that nightmarish feeling things are going wrong but one doesn't know how to fix it.

If this is truly what either of you feels, then I'd pick a card to heal it, here obviously (I think) the Sun and meditate on it. Sun means warmth: give kind thoughts to the whole problem, see the positive sides. Sun means light: think about honesty, dissolving conflict, clearing up misunderstanding. And Sun means life: how to go on? Make a good, clear, kind cut, or a good, clear, kind new beginning? It's in your hands.

Ruby Jewel

In the other thread I saw people suggesting it can indicate mental illnesses, but how would this apply for my situation? We have strong feelings for each other but neither of us has the guts to approach and resolve the issue since our history isn't exactly pretty..

Not necessarily that he is over you, but that he declines to choose to become trapped in what he sees as a negative and hopeless situation. And, possibly, as Rx....he chooses the opposite of the Moon, which is the Sun card, which follows the Moon card. I see the Moon card as the last card of the Night Sea Journey......once you are through that journey, you can never go back.

LeFou

Maybe Moon Rx for "how he feels [about you]" is that the relationship made him feel a little "crazy," out of control, pushed by an ocean of emotion. If so, maybe he has strong feelings but recognizes the relationship isn't healthy for either of you?

Of course that's just a wild guess.

ThtDancerGuy

Hi starlightsunshine,

XVIII The Moon is a very emotionally charged card, and so it's not a cut and dry kind of answer it's giving you. The Moon reversed usually alludes to its upright meaning of the subconscious and things buried deep down now rising, sometimes violently, to the surface to be exposed. But reversed The Moon can indicate someone trying to keep those feelings and thus the influence of the subconscious down and hidden, but often to no avail because you can't bury the subconscious, at least not well. The Moon is also a card of many different, fluctuating feelings and emotions as well as confusion primarily, so I actually wouldn't think too harshly about this card here. Clearly he has a lot of different feelings fighting for the spotlight but he's not necessarily sorting through them hence its reversal. At least, he's not sorting through them well...

NorthernLight

This is a very helpful thread and I especially like the WIND idea of reading reversed cards. My deck for beginners doesn't deal with reversals so some really helpful ideas here.

starlightsunshine

Thank you so much for all your helpful replies.

headincloud

Moon rx to me spells confusion at best and deceitfulness at worst.

Ruby Jewel

Not necessarily that he is over you, but that he declines to choose to become trapped in what he sees as a negative and hopeless situation. And, possibly, as Rx....he chooses the opposite of the Moon, which is the Sun card, which follows the Moon card. I see the Moon card as the last card of the Night Sea Journey......once you are through that journey, you can never go back.

Star....maybe this was a little harsh. Let me offer a softer alternative to the Night Sea Journey, aka "Dark Night of the Soul" which can be quite depressing. I sometimes see The Moon Rx as the High Priestess with aspects of stillness and secrets. However, without seeing the surrounding cards it is hard to know which scenario applies in your case. Also, since I see the cards as energy rather than "predictive", they could be picking up your energy instead of his. Either way the Moon card is not an easy card. It speaks of confusion, and unconscious energies. The High Priestess is guardian of the unconscious energies, and she also is the lower vibration of the Moon card. In reverse, the Moon card implies her energies.