Queen of Wands repeatedly coming up in love reading

katep

I have recently had the Queen of Wands crop up several ties in the present or future part of a love related reading for myself. I always have trouble with the court cards and I am struggling to know if she is representing me or I'd it's advice as to how to behave or something completely different.

As a bit of context, I have been single for 2 years since the end of a toxic marriage. I have recently met and begun dating what seems like a lovely man but we are both being very cautious and it is early days, we are not exclusive or committed as yet. I find him hard to read, hence seeking tarot guidance but not sure what it is telling me!

Interestingly he usually appears as King Wands plus either King Pents or Cups with the Two Cups keeping them apart. That too is hard to read - I guess he is unsure which King he wants to be?

RosieMoonflower

Some ideas: the Queen could be you, it could be you post divorce, it could be who you need to strive to be like more, it could be another woman in the picture you don't know about yet.. another lover of his or an ex lover who may come back into play once she sees he's trying to move on. Seeing him in all the kings could mean that you see a lot of different qualities in him or as you suggest, he's not sure who he wants to be yet.

Rosie

Edited to make change of comment of king of pentecles because I accidentally thought that's what's queen then post was about.

Thirteen

Moderator Note: Your interpretation? And is this a 2 card reading?

Greetings Katep, we know you're struggling as to the meaning of this re-occuring Queen/Wands, and the other cards representing this man as well, but are rules are the you need to offer your thoughts on ALL CARDS YOU NAME before anyone else can offer theirs.

Can you take a guess at least? What might the Queen/Wands mean as "advice" or why would she fit as representing you? You've interpreted the 2/Cups as a struggle of this person to decide who he is...but why do you think he keeps getting King/Wands, King/Cups, King/Pents? What do those mean regarding him and who he is or wants to be? We need a little more here by way of your thoughts on these card.

POSTERS PLEASE HOLD OFF TILL KATEP OFFERS INTERPRETATION!

And Katep, please take a moment to read over our posting rules here for both the Using Tarot Card forum and the Your Readings forum:
UTC: http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=204174
Your Readings: http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=211635

katep

Ok, will give it a go. I interpret the Queen of Wands as being someone who is warm hearted but can be fiery, who can be quite impulsive and who doesn't suffer fools gladly. I can see how this could represent me but I think it is possibly more the woman I would like to be, apart from the impulsivity which is a weakness of mine at times of stress. For a long time I appeared as the Queen Swords who I see more as a loner, cooler woman cutting through the BS, for want of a better phrase. But I could well be transitioning... As advice it would be to stay warm but keep the fire and fun there.

In terms of the Kings, I have a problem personally with the King Wands. I really don't like the King Swords or Wands - King Swords is my ex, cold and passive aggressive and I see King Wands as almost being a sulky petulant man but this feels like an emotional reaction to the card and may not be right. King Pents - solid, reliable, hardworking - and Cups - open, warm, in touch with the feminine - are definitely more the men I would seek. The Two Cups separating two or more of these men could show I need to choose what I want as my soul mate or it could mean he is my soul mate but doesn't quite know where he is.

I have now confused myself more than ever!

katep

anyone?

Have done my best with the interpretation and would really welcome some other views on the Queen....

Laurelle

I have a different take on the queen of wands. I see her as Cybele, Lioness Goddess. She's a representation of the Solar Goddess. Some people see her as sexual, I don't see her as sexual at all.

You also have Hathor/Sekhmet...lion goddess of vengence and love.

And Shu and Tefnut. Shu and Tefnut were the lions guarding the setting sun. Look at her throne, she is between two lions. Just as you will have a choice between two men.

Two of Cups has a lion in it as well.

Looks like you will may give this man an ultimatum. The Queen of Wands certainly would. She would say, "Let's cut this BS. See this stick? See my lion throne? It's time to make a decision."

katep

I have a different take on the queen of wands. I see her as Cybele, Lioness Goddess. She's a representation of the Solar Goddess. Some people see her as sexual, I don't see her as sexual at all.

You also have Hathor/Sekhmet...lion goddess of vengence and love.

And Shu and Tefnut. Shu and Tefnut were the lions guarding the setting sun. Look at her throne, she is between two lions. Just as you will have a choice between two men.

Two of Cups has a lion in it as well.

Looks like you will may give this man an ultimatum. The Queen of Wands certainly would. She would say, "Let's cut this BS. See this stick? See my lion throne? It's time to make a decision."

Thank you. Not so sure about the two men as definitely only one in my life at the moment but I guess it could happen.

The ultimatum is interesting as I do have an urge to make it - but at the same time I am nervous of his response and feel that the timing of it will be important - it could go either way.

Maybe the cards are telling me it won't move forward till I do....

Laurelle

Thank you. Not so sure about the two men as definitely only one in my life at the moment but I guess it could happen.

The ultimatum is interesting as I do have an urge to make it - but at the same time I am nervous of his response and feel that the timing of it will be important - it could go either way.

Maybe the cards are telling me it won't move forward till I do....

The queen of wands wouldn't wait. She doesn't play games. If you were in a toxic relationship then the 2 of Cups suggests healing and the Queen of Wands suggests embracing a heart of a Lioness. When you do this, men will flock to you.

katep

The queen of wands wouldn't wait. She doesn't play games. If you were in a toxic relationship then the 2 of Cups suggests healing and the Queen of Wands suggests embracing a heart of a Lioness. When you do this, men will flock to you.

Interesting because I wouldn't have seen waiting as playing games but caution. Thank you, I will think on it.

Laurelle

Interesting because I wouldn't have seen waiting as playing games but caution. Thank you, I will think on it.

The Queen of Wands isn't overly cautious. The Queen of Pents/Queen of Cups is. At least, that is my take on it. Queen of Wands is fire. Fire is active. Fire and Water create steam.

When you look at the Queen of Wands what are the first words that pop into your mind?