Death + 10 of Swords...

Kalisti

Made a comment in another thread about this combo showing up recently and how that combo related to a death of a close relative and a lot of big, hard changes followed the last time I got it. What are your experiences with this combination?

Grizabella

You need to tell us how you interpreted the two cards appearing together, even though you commented on it in another thread. Maybe the mods might accept just a link to the other thread, but best ask them or just maybe cut and paste what you said in the other thread into your post here. :)

Kalisti

The last time the Death card was literal and the 10 of Swords was suggesting that I had a difficult transition coming up in part due to the death of the loved one, especially regarding relationships with the other close relatives left behind and that I was going to have to adapt and move forward best I could rather than dwell on what is gone. I don't remember *all* of the cards that showed up in that Celtic Cross spread, but the 9 of Swords and Judgement were also present in there. Death was the final outcome and 10 of Swords was in the 8th position.

This time I don't get the vibe that Death is literal, but given that these two cards flew out of my deck while shuffling before I even got a question out felt like a big warning or omen...like something is about to turn my world upside down once again and cause another earth shattering period of time for me in a serious way. I've already had a tumultuous past few months and I'm pretty weary as it is!

I'm just curious what has gone on for people when they see this uncomfortable duo show up in readings. I think I actually meant to put this in the "Talking Tarot" forum, come to think of it.