BLUE BIRD LENORMAND.....It's Coming!

Tag_jorrit

Thanks, Tag. That Daveluy deck is very sweet too. Is it still available for purchase too?

Yes, indeed! It's here, along with a slightly different later version, the Geûens-Willaert Lenormand published c. 1903, that's from when the Daveluy company was acquired by its next owner.

Cocobird55

My Blue Bird Lenormand finally came today. I like it very much.

I am kind of sad that they won't be publishing the Blue Owl anymore. It was one of the decks that I learned on.

Le Fanu

Sadly no sign of it in Europe yet. I have this deck on my wish list since I spotted the first pictures online. Hope it will be in stock here soon.
I saw it in stock on the Book Depository last night, by which time I'd already bought it from an ebay seller.

Where is it printed? China? How big are the cards? For some reason, I imagine them to be slightly bigger than normal Lenormands. No idea where I get that feeling from.

IHeartRescues

Thanks! I do have two of them, but I'm sad that they will eventually go out of circulation.

In reference to the Blue Owl again, just for the record I am acknowledging that yes, us games is not re-printing the blue owl (according to them the BB is replacing it),

BUT given its popularity in Europe, perhaps Konigsfurt-Urania will continue to publish this deck--see Blaue Eule when ordering.

Astraea

I don't really understand why US Games is replacing the Blue Owl with this deck, as IMO they are quite different and not equivalent. The BB is pretty, and I do appreciate the deck in its own right, but the Blue Owl is...well, the Blue Owl. The BB features some lovely graphics, but for me the playing card insets are disproportionately large, and several images have been stretched; I could do without the doggerel, too. It would have been nice to have had a verse/no verse option. And I can see no reason for changing the Child to Children, or for making Crossroads/Paths into a single lane. Those alterations are not dealbreakers, but they matter to me as a traditionalist. I'll choose my Blue Owl every time over the Blue Bird.

I understand the BB's appeal and I don't regret adding it to the collection, I just don't see it as a replacement for the Blue Owl.

Le Fanu

It is odd isn't it. Like the Morgan Greer going out of print because - well - you've got Deviant Moon now...

Astraea

It is odd isn't it. Like the Morgan Greer going out of print because - well - you've got Deviant Moon now...
Yes, odd indeed. Not quite apples and oranges, but more significant than Macintosh v. Winesap.

IHeartRescues

I also would have liked it better if the Man and Woman didn't both face the same direction and the Key wasn't sharing the same couple of inches as a heart. These are beautiful cards and I am working w/ them at the moment, but I always wonder why, why if they were going to pass this off as a substitute, then why not pay attention to the traditional reading details more carefully?

I don't really understand why US Games is replacing the Blue Owl with this deck, as IMO they are quite different and not equivalent. The BB is pretty, and I do appreciate the deck in its own right, but the Blue Owl is...well, the Blue Owl. The BB features some lovely graphics, but for me the playing card insets are disproportionately large, and several images have been stretched; I could do without the doggerel, too. It would have been nice to have had a verse/no verse option. And I can see no reason for changing the Child to Children, or for making Crossroads/Paths into a single lane. Those alterations are not dealbreakers, but they matter to me as a traditionalist. I'll choose my Blue Owl every time over the Blue Bird.

I understand the BB's appeal and I don't regret adding it to the collection, I just don't see it as a replacement for the Blue Owl.

All of this yep!