World Spirit 6's through 10's

Seed Crystal

iseekserendipity said:
i like it. but i can't lie, i can't/couldn't help seeing the pervert in him in the art. i agree it's in me, but since i knew it wouldn't change overnight and since i didn't like seeing "just the shadow" of the card, i am happy i modified the card - for me that is, as i use this deck solely to read for me. but thank you, Seed Crystal. :) it lets me see it in a new light. i am looking at it from afar, but i like it when someone/thing makes me reanalyse my choices/opinions! ;)

In My Humble Opinion ;) any deck is a tool for those using it; I have no problem with anyone tweaking cards especially if the deck is not used for teaching; better to remove the barrier for you than to struggle with it every time the card comes up.

I knew some folk who cut off borders of a particular deck because it drove them crazy; I was initially appalled - but their decks then worked for/with them. I don't think the Powers of Tarot or any deities would be offended by their impulse and action. (Although as an artist I would weep if my works were treated in such a way. On the other hand, if I sold a piece, there's a bit of a limit on how much control I can expect.)

So - what color pants does your Ten of Pentacles have? :D And was the color picked for a specific reason?

iseekserendipity

Seed Crystal said:
(politely snipped) Although as an artist I would weep if my works were treated in such a way. On the other hand, if I sold a piece, there's a bit of a limit on how much control I can expect.
So - what color pants does your Ten of Pentacles have? :D And was the color picked for a specific reason?
i completely understand Seed Crystal! i personally paint occasionally, and i always show my mother my final works. She always says: "I love it! Just change the back/bottom/background." It always infuriates me, so i've stopped showing them to her (ironically, i always oblige... so go figure why i get so frustrated! ;)). All this to say, i also felt like i shouldn't have modified someone's artistic mode of expression. i respect the choice the artist has made, and i believe the artist did mean it within the context you talk of in your previous post. i know this, but the fact that i wasn't as inclined to use the deck AND that i truly did want to use it for myself (for growth, and a study of my mental blocks/issues ironically) i figured that if it would hinder not so much my appreciation of the deck but my use of it it was an obstacle that needed to be modified. Of course, i know i'll have to deal with the issue of why that card troubled me so much "as is", for the sake of growth and self understanding (shadows...). But since i'm trying to deal with a lot of inner stuff right now, i now i can only concentrate on so much! ;)
i colored it black - even though originally i chose blue because he looked so at peace and i was just attracted to the color. The blue didn't come out well (very artifical looking compared to the other colors on the card) because i used a permanent marker since i want this deck, card and coloring to last a looong time. the black looks pretty good, particularly since he has a black tank top on... ironically, i tried to make it (the shorts) as small as possible just so that he would have "something" on (i feel like such a square that yells at someone in the street: "go put something decent on!" :) Ironically i do not have issues with any of the other cards where people are naked. i actually find the art - and the nakedness - both gorgeous, pure, and really coherent. i really think it's the fact that he's not completely naked, just the bottom, and that that really denotes as "sexual" in my mind. Wether that makes me a pervert or not for even thinking it i do not know (although i wish not, certainly not in "that" pervert sense at least! ;))
And i appologize for blabbing so long about my issues with the card! i really feel a strong bond and love for the deck and i think that's why i'm so passionate about this! For the first time in my life, i truly do not go 'anywhere' without this deck! :D

Seed Crystal

iseekserendipity I was glad to read your post, and also undertsand the amazing power of this deck. I keep finding more in the images. I wonder if they will ever publish an expanded or deeper book for this deck.

iseekserendipity

i absolutely agree! i'd love a book (ideally, with all the symbology explained). i've found various source to explain quite a few, but i would find it even more interesting from the artist's perspective. and i'm a lazy woman, all in one place is such an appealing idea! ;)

iseekserendipity

Sulis said:
Just wondered if you'd checked out the interview with the World Spirit creators here on Aeclectic? http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/learn/interview_worldspirit.shtml
Love
Sulis xx
i did Sulis :), and that's why i say that i know they chose that art/image with the fullfilled and spiritual person so absorbed that it doesn't even matter he doesn't have any pants on... But although i know this, i still had lots of conflict with the card. i think i have more sexual issues than i care to admit! But good though - for the card and deck - as they help me realize this and now chose to grow from it. i both hate and look forward to it! ;)