Aleister Crowley Art Exhibition in New York

ravenest

Thanks for the tip, that is some evocative stuff. If only he had illustrated it too! I like his art but have only seen a handful of works.

Do you mean 'illustrated the Treasure House of Images' ?

WHOA! I never thought of THAT ! Cool :thumbsup:

Zephyros

I actually wouldn't be surprised if in that respect he would choose a certain iconoclasm. As seen in the RWS, an image is by nature an interpretation and tends to snapshot only a certain aspect of an idea. An "Illustrated Book of Law" would certainly seem to have this tendency.

On the other hand I would like to see the Book of Law made into a Disney movie.

Babalon Jones

I actually wouldn't be surprised if in that respect he would choose a certain iconoclasm. As seen in the RWS, an image is by nature an interpretation and tends to snapshot only a certain aspect of an idea. An "Illustrated Book of Law" would certainly seem to have this tendency.

On the other hand I would like to see the Book of Law made into a Disney movie.

Word. :thumbsup:

Babalon Jones

He loves A. O. Spare :) .... and Enochian. A bit of his work seems inspired by it, and some vids he has out there.

Yes the social 'event' would be interesting .... :) .

I love Spare too; not just a good artist but he is rather fascinating and on my latest birthday I got a book about him off my wishlist and it was very good.

And, since I can see the art itself online, and Uncle Al is not much of an artist, it would be mostly for the 'event', whatever happened at that time no matter what, that would make it fun. i have no concrete plans to go, but if I had a teleporter I would go in a heatbeat. :p