Lon Milo Duquette in Sydney & Melbourne

Grigori

ravenest said:
Once I hear of them putting on 3 consecutive events ... I might go to a forth one (You could always call in for visit on your return trip, I'm roughly 1/2 way ... unlesss its by plane)

:laugh: OK, I will let you know how this one goes, and maybe peak your interest for next time. I'm flying though, so will look down half way there and wave ;)

ravenest

Smuggle in a recorder and transcibe the lecture to a post here. })

thorhammer

ravenest said:
Smuggle in a recorder and transcibe the lecture to a post here. })
Yeah, that! Or put it on YouTube! Or just email me a mp3 file! LOL

Me, a pirate? Never! But he should damn well be coming to Perth!

\m/ Kat

kermesvesta93

Lon Milo Duquette in Melbourne

He is also doing two seminars in Melbourne, Understanding Crowleys Thoth Tarot and Qabalah - Zen of the West. See http://apep.mybisi.com for details <email removed by moderator>

Grigori

jujustar said:
still working out if i can allow myself to go...

kermesvesta93 said:
He is also doing two seminars in Melbourne, Understanding Crowleys Thoth Tarot and Qabalah - Zen of the West. See http://apep.mybisi.com for details <email removed by moderator>

This might be good for you jujustar, though it means I won't get to meet you :( Maybe Melbournians could go to both, come to Sydney to hang out with me (yes I am the centre of the world :laugh: ) and then head home to Melbourne in time to see Lon's seminars there :thumbsup:

thorhammer

I wouldn't mind if you were the centre of my world, similia, but sadly you don't have enough gravitational force to get me there sans Boeing :(

\m/ Kat

Grigori

thorhammer said:
I wouldn't mind if you were the centre of my world, similia, but sadly you don't have enough gravitational force to get me there sans Boeing :(

\m/ Kat

I shouldn't have skipped breakfast this morning :(

Maybe if I eat enough donuts I could do a little spin and draw everyone up to Brisvegas, including Mr DuQuette }) :joke:

Grigori

Just finished my day with Duquette and the Thoth deck. It was a really good day, I got a lot out of it. :thumbsup: The lecture was based on his book so most was familiar, but some things were revelations, especially some of the relationships with magick and context for some of the stories. I think for someone completely new to tarot the day would be confusing, but someone who knows the basics but is new to the Thoth would fit in easily. I didn't recognise any other ATers there, but the OTO folks were very nice so I was OK. But next time someone should join me LOL

PS Ravenest, the day was run really well. On time, on schedule (well Lon told long stories but it worked out :laugh:) So I 'pose that means you'll be at the next one ;)

Zezina

similia said:
Just finished my day with Duquette and the Thoth deck. It was a really good day, I got a lot out of it. :thumbsup:
PS Ravenest, the day was run really well. On time, on schedule (well Lon told long stories but it worked out :laugh:) So I 'pose that means you'll be at the next one ;)
Wrings hands! :mad:

Oh dear, I loved Duquette's Thoth book, and if only I'd been free to go, but I've had rellies staying here for the past week. Could have stayed with my son in Sydney if I'd been free to go.

Ah well, not meant to be, this time. Must keep an eye out for next time, maybe get on their mailing list somehow.

Similia, whereabouts in Sydney was the seminar held? :?:

*Z*

Grigori

There were a couple of venues, just outside the city right near a train station. It was easy for me, I stayed in the city (also saw Wicked while I was here, and checked out the city) and got a train over. Maybe you could swing a visit to Melbourne's seminars Zezina... They were collecting emails for a mailing list, contact details for Oceania Lodge are on the OTO site, maybe you could ask to be told about the next one :)

I'm at the airport on the way home now. Back to real life again :p