Tarot in the Spirit of Zen--Osho book

Cerulean

Actually called Tarot in the Spirit of Zen: The Game of Life by Osho.

The ISBN number is 0-312-31767 and it comes with two punchout pages of 22 majors in small little cards about an inch in width by an inch and a half long. There are also two tables in back where users of Crowley Thoth or Rider Waite decks can see the names of equivalent cards.

I think this is a nice meditative sampler. I gave away my Osho Zen and don't feel a need to replace it. I did see the 60 card Osho 'tarot' of transformation with parables and the Tao Oracle with 64 cards at the bookstore--but I decided this was a flexible alternative to use with my other decks.

I find it more like meditative discussions about putting aside lots of anxious thoughts and listening to inner wisdom.

Hope this is helpful to someone who wants a taste of the deck or might find it a useful addition to their collection.

Mari H.

poivre

Thanks for this thread. I've been looking for comments on this book.

I have had this book for a while and just recently understand it. I find
Osho has the same but different approach that makes the understanding
of the cards much deeper.
For me anyway, I have to concentrate to compare his book with
the RWS meanings.

Anyone else have this book now.

Emily

I have this book but my version didn't come with punch-out cards and is a different ISBN number. I bought it to accompany my Osho deck . I think I've probably read more of this book than the book that came with the cards :)

Its a different type of tarot book - seems to speak on a higher level, I'm not very spiritual but I have got alot out of this book. I can't use the cards in spreads though. I do one card draws for guidance. I like the Osho but I haven't had the time to work with it properly yet.