Tarot Tells The Tale...

Bean Feasa

Thank you so much Mari H, that's really interesting, it's like finding out about another whole world of art out there that I didn't know existed. I must say I find the Amano deck very appealing, but I am supposed to be curbing my buying habit this year... :(
It's going on the wishlist though, definitely!
blessings,
Kate

Formicida

I'm resurrecting an old thread because I've been curious about this book for a while. I can't decide yet whether it's something I want to buy.

Is it the sort of book I'll want to read over and over, or refer to often? Or is it something that I'll read once, enjoy, and then never look at again? If it's the latter, I might as well get it from the library. Do you guys think there's enough novel information there, or enough that would benefit from a rereading, that it's worth buying?

Cerulean

Try the library first if you don't like Q and A format

I knew I would like it because I liked the letter question and answer format. I was a silly reader of the agony columns--well, I mean the "Dear Madame ___, please answer my question on ettiquette/love/car goofs," and I like to listen to people's questions to 'experts' on National Public Radio shows. So I bought the book and continue to enjoy it.

I heard the follow-up book is not as chatty with as many examples, but has creative spreads. The follow-up book keeps being bought or not replaced at my local bookshop, but that's okay, I can wait.

I like the original book very much, it's fun and fictional.

Regards,

Cerulean

Sulis

I still like this book too - it's definately one that I find I keep coming back to. I really like 3 card spreads though and this book is very useful at suggesting the type of 3 card spread to be used.

Very entertaining and easy to read too. I have the follow up book on my Yule wishlist even though I've heard it's not quite as good.

Love

sulis xx

Formicida

Glad to know it doesn't seem to go in the "read it once and lose it on a back shelf" category. Guess it's going on my wishlist too :)

I'll be interested to hear your reviews of the follow-up once you have it.